Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 83 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Imperial_MSM

Imperial_MSM Rookie

Mar 16, 2023
    Crazy to think the glassroom picture is the only one that has the black F40 LM. At least the only picture known to public.

Bertil likes this.
  2. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
    Hi everyone, I come to share some information, it is thanks to this topic that the passion for the collection learned and that I created my account following that, after a few years, here is very important information from my point of view seen.

Firstly, surely the most talked about point is the condition of the cars, after the Brunei crisis, the collection was a bit neglected, some cars were in poor condition, but nothing catastrophic, it was not to rot in the forest, there we are talking about the beginning of mold for the red leather interior of the yellow room, certain missing parts in the cars such as the car radio in the F40 Forest green, and some turbo mechanical problems for the SS002. This period is early 2000.

I can't say when exactly, but a few years ago BandTree was once again very busy with the cars, the interiors are perfect, the bodies shine, the only negative point is that the cars don't drive or start no, they are all moving by chicks or by truck (within the confines of the collection) I'm talking about a current period.

There are also specialized companies that come to help with the maintenance of the cars, I cannot name any brand unfortunately because of confidentiality.

There is no longer a "secret" car, as you might imagine a few years ago.

I was lucky enough to see visual proof of almost every car in the collection.

The only cars where there is still no proof that they are in Brunei are:

- Black Mythos even if a lot of people have told me that they have had it.

- The jaguar xj220 project J, I only have a testimony of a person he saw and Paola Garella, do not want to talk about this subject.

- F1 004 I still can't find out what happened to this car after its accident. Personally, the most probable hypothesis and the one that I am waiting for the bus and that it is still stored, in Jerudong, and serves as spare parts, it could not have you front face, tire and rims

- Black F90, the others all seen in Brunei

But there are cars with new configurations, that nobody knows, like an F40 Silver (BM7878), F40 dark red metallic (DPD), 288 GTO silver same license plate than the one that escapes to England, full black Nazca rims, windshield, Purple Testarossa Spider…

There is also a huge mystery about LM4 which would have left the collection for Johor, Tunku Idris but a lot of Story with clues about this car there, but some people who have visited the collection say they have seen both recently (when I say both , I'm talking about the two black F1LMs LM1 & LM4, LM5 the orange one is still there in superb aesthetic condition) the strange thing is that on one photo you can see the license plate of LM4 and on another, the car without. now the question is whether it's the same car or and if the LM4 license plate was put on LM1, for me they are two different cars because one element differentiates them, but on the other hand people said they saw LM4 in Johor. Personally I think LM4 is good in Johor and people lie to hide the story

I will stop there, I hope you like this information if you have any questions or an opinion do not hesitate to answer me, I may be a little long to answer it is rare that I come here

LM

3. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    Amazing update! Keep it coming! And yes the mystery surrounding LM4. Issit really true its at Johor now? Have someone in Johor really saw it before?

4. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Wow, thanks for the update. Do you have any word on the five Dauer 962 Le Mans cars that are on site? There are five of them there:

Silver 962-151
    Yellow 962-133 (probably 133)
    Green 962-141 (probably 141)
    Black 962-172
    Red 962-175

The silver one (962-151) was last seen in the building in the center with the big glass panels sitting next to the McLaren?

We're restoring the original prototype (see here https://dempseymotorsports.com/1993-dauer-962-le-mans-prototype-road-car/ ) so this is of particular interest to us.

Thanks,

Wayne

5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  6. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
    I can't say, I don't know anyone who saw it there. I spoke with the sultan he told me to be patient

And about the 962 not much to say, the cars are still in the collection it does not move much, the Silver is still in the GlassRoom

7. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    I consider that information as hardly possible. In accordance with recent drone footages and photographs, the glassroom (and the 4 stores which round it) is empty. If nothing has changed since 2022, glassroom cars are stored inside other garage. I may be wrong.

Jorge HG

marko.urbac likes this.
  8. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    thanks for posting

tbakowsky likes this.
  9. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    By the way, I'm sure the black Mythos is there. I was sent a photographic proof of the car surely in Brunei in front of a bunch of Bentley cars. It is a Nero Mythos (the one with bigger windscreen and roof) with DPD plates on it.

On the other hand, I appreciate a lot your work with that matter, Loris. Please keep it up the content, it's really nice to read you on Fchat.

Jorge HG

10. TheGTBguy

TheGTBguy Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2023
    Brunei
    Hey guys,

I can definitely confirm many of the cars are still in very good shape. Especially the rare models.

There have been lots of activity recently (after covid) and many cars were being restored with some leaving the country but eventually coming back.

I have sold some of their cars, nothing too fancy but definitely some nice/rare ones and I rarely came across something dead and rusty…

11. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Hi GTBguy - just sent you a private message...

-Wayne

TheGTBguy likes this.
  12. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Kinda pissed they banned that guy before we could have a little fun...

of2worlds likes this.
  13. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
  14. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What the banned guy said would explain why we saw the McLaren's for the first time in probably ever being loaded at the airport...

...although he could've just been using stories like that to say what he did.

15. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Who got banned?

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    see post #2060 here in this thread. Not sure why he was put out of here...

17. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Dude arrived on the scene claiming to be offering the Thomas Crown Affair NART Spyder and a 166MM Barchetta through his "side business". His other post was the one allegedly claiming to know stuff about Brunei cars but obviously proving nothing. My guess is the site admins quickly saw his IP address came from nowhere near Brunei and they preemptively got rid of him before he could scam gullible members.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Interesting as always, thank you!

19. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    The fellow who posted is a car sales guy who isn't a sponsor of the site = instant ban. I've been emailing him offline, and I advised him that it would be wise to sign up as a sponsor if he wishes to post in a commercial fashion? Nothing more nefarious than that! :)

-Wayne

20. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I don’t know where Brunei is or what a sultan means. Ok, thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    #2074 JP365, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    To paraphrase Jello Biafra in a classic 80s song… “A moderately repressive regime in Asia…we need that oil” ;)

22. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Is that a blower on that green 456 spyder ?!?!