Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 85 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BruNei_carFRe@K

BruNei_carFRe@K Karting

Dec 7, 2006
    Germany
    The question mark at the end of my sentence is indicating a question. I didn't tell anybody what or what not to do. #

I absolutely agree with you on the first half of the sentence - no foul language in this almost 100-page thread. Yet, I don't grasp uploading unrelated "Brunei content" to a Brunei thread.

Also agree on that. In your case, most of the uploaded images have been uploaded and discussed on this thread before. The pictures that haven't been uploaded to this thread yet, do not have anything to with the garages of the Royal family of Brunei. They are misleading.

Stramann conversion has never been ordered by Brunei.

Why did you post these pictures? What is the Brunei connection?

You post a picture of the Ex-Brunei 456 Venice convertible from the Marconi Museum followed by an engine bay picture of a Straman conversion with a supercharger. Resulting in a user's understanding that this Brunei conversion has been equipped with a "blower".

You then post pictures of the alleged green and former Brunei 456 convertible's engine bay, although these cars have never received a supercharger and although the picture obviously shows a blue instead of a green 456.

Lack of knowledge and ignorance does not contribute to the substance of a thread it simply discredits the meticulous work of other users.

2. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #2102 4re4ever, May 31, 2023
    Last edited: May 31, 2023

Again you go off topic, please in your own words stick to the topic.
    This will be my last reply to one of your posts unless they are on topic.....

This is not facebook and personally I am getting sick and tired of people like you coming in here trying to turn Ferrarichat into one. You want to cry or be a keyboard warrior go do it on Facebook.

As for that long list of dribble (great use of your time by the way) I am not going to waste my time on entertaining a detail long winded reply to someone that clear wants to waste everyone time by gaslighting.

I will however share my 2 cents on the content of your post briefly

What I will repeat as you clearly didn't read it correctly is:
    "I don't claim to be a know it all. Part of being apart of a place like Ferrarichat is you share and learn things. It would be a pretty boring world if we knew it all".

What so you want everyone on Ferrarichat to call Ferrari or the owner of a one off or something like that for details before they share it here ???
    No because that's Stupid isn't it. Ferrarichat is one of the best sources for information you share, learn, confirm or correct.
    By doing this we gain better knowledge and understand of the subject matter.
    No one ever has all the facts and gets it right all the time called being human. try it sometime.

I NEVER mislead or acted in a malicious manner with my posts.
    I'll make one example
    "Why did you post these pictures" "Stramann conversion has never been ordered by Brunei"
    -The Answer can be found on Post #2082 (Car and Driver magazine articles "The Sultan's Superstash") Look at the 3rd image I posted. What's that ? its a "456 Stramann conversion" One would expect someone like Car and Driver back in those day to have done their research before writing that story.

I done with this c@$p. Please note I will not respond to anymore posts on this.

Simple solution btw if you don't like my post move on to the next one.

All The Best Simon

3. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    #2103 marko.urbac, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    NO, IT IS NOT! AGAIN FALSE INFORMATION!

The Ferrari 456 Venice program had nothing to do with Straman (or Stramann, as you call it).

The caption below the photos says: "How about a Ferrari wagon? Pininfarina video presentation (top) was enough to sell the 456 Venice project - in sedan and convertible versions, too - to the royal family.".

In the article you can also read: "The Bruneian royals have also spent millions with Italian coachbuilder Pininfarina, which, as well rebodying Aston Martins, has produced many unique Ferraris. Convertible, sedan, and wagon versions off the stock 456 Ferrari (all code-named Venice) have been produced in limited numbers, mainly for the sultan, but also for wealthy customers elsewhere in the world.".

Do you even read the articles that you (re)post?

The Ferrari 456 Venice Spider by Pininfarina and the Ferrari 456 Spider converted by Straman are two completely different cars and have nothing to do with each other. The Royal Family of Brunei has NEVER ordered a Ferrari (or any car) from the American coach builder, Richard Straman.

cc8s and BruNei_carFRe@K like this.
  4. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #2104 4re4ever, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    I KNOW YOU ARE CLEARLY A FEW SHORT BUT PULL IT TOGETHER,
    AS I AM SICK OF YOUR MISLEADING STATEMENTS TOWARDS ME AND YOUR HARASSMENT . SO READ WHAT I AM SAYING...

The (Car and Driver magazine articles "The Sultan's Superstash") Is where I saw the 456 spider many years ago. I had no idea that there were also 456 spider by American coach builder, Richard Straman. In fact until posted here I had never heard of Richard Straman... So when I came across the STRAMAN 456 photos I believe they were part of the 456 series related to the Sultan that I had seen in the article above aka a simple mistake that you have turned into an out and out attack instead of being a MAN and saying hey Simon Did you not know this. Its called respect

All you and your buddy have done is harassment and pick and tried too mislead other that I was causing issues over a simple mistake as well as tell me what I can and can't do. I have been a member a long time and I have never seen or had this cr@p before on FCHAT

DO NOT MAKE CONTACT WITH ME IN ANY FORM AGAIN, I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH SOMEONE AS TOXIC AS YOU.

5. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    4re4ever 2 day site ban for personal attack.

A reminder to all to keep the conversation civil .

6. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Any new infos lately?

7. mercedes-c140-fan

Apr 7, 2016
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Bernhard
  8. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Apparently it's now blue?

9. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    Everyone who saw the car says so, but there's no photographic proof about it. This is what LM wrote yesterday.

Jorge HG

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. jjsander

jjsander Rookie

Feb 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joel Sander
    Does anyone know anything about the "leaked" F50 picture?

marko.urbac likes this.
  11. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    Being honest, not very interesting photograph. It shows a RHD Black Ferrari F50 being unloaded from a truck at Jerudong complex, that's all.

Jorge HG

of2worlds likes this.
  12. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    I have this photo. It shows a black F50 with its licence plate clearly visibile, parked in Jerudong. Obviously I cannot share it. I've heard that, because of this photo, all the cell phones within the Jerudong collection complex are now being confiscated at the entrance and given back at the exit. Anyhow, more and more leaks slowly are coming out.

Regarding the McLaren F1 GT, it has been delivered at night, probably to avoid any photos of the car...unlike it happened when it left Brunei for the UK. Sources say that Prince Mateen will drive (or has driven) the F1 GT in the middle of the night on a closed road... just like Prince Jefri in the good old days.

It's a shame the BRF hasn't converted the Jerudong collection complex into a huge museum. It would attract many many tourists from around the World. Maybe... one day? Prince Hakeem, are you reading? ;)

13. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #2113 cc8s, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    marko.urbac likes this.
  14. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
    I confirm F1 GT is very dark blue now and 1 Black F1 LM maybe two is in Europe

marko.urbac and of2worlds like this.
  15. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    A Mclaren technician told me both black LMs are now in the MTC because of a full overhaul and restoration, at least one of the cars is completely disassembled. In accordance with his knowledge, it will recieve a new bigger fuel tank.

Jorge HG

marko.urbac, NürScud and of2worlds like this.
  16. F512MFXTESTAROSSA

Jul 22, 2023
    Full Name:
    I.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Does anyone know what the website name formerly said before the asterisks? Also have an interest in the collection and surprised to know what the website name is, before the asterisks

17. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    That link belongs to another forum, supercars .net but as its code changed many years ago, all basman's photos were lost in the net.

Jorge HG

18. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I just made a quick google research with only « gallery/129612/976/1 » and found some pics posted on the website M5Board.

Hope this helps :)

And first pic result is this one:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. F512MFXTESTAROSSA

Jul 22, 2023
    Full Name:
    I.
    Alright thanks

20. F512MFXTESTAROSSA

Jul 22, 2023
    Full Name:
    I.
  21. F512MFXTESTAROSSA

Jul 22, 2023
    Full Name:
    I.
    Is this the photo? Image Unavailable, Please Login

willcrook likes this.
  22. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    No, the photo was taken outside the garage, but still not into the truck.

Jorge HG

23. BruNei_carFRe@K

BruNei_carFRe@K Karting

Dec 7, 2006
    Germany
    Could this be the F50 from the RRR group from the middle east? At least that's the only black F50 I know of which has painted/anthracite colored wheel.

24. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
    And his typical black tinted glass

25. F512MFXTESTAROSSA

Jul 22, 2023
    Full Name:
    I.
    A