Summer 05 Spotted! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Summer 05 Spotted!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Black Testarossa JUST (5:20PM) drove past my Quiet little Street in Sleepy (Yawn....) Oakbrook Terrace...:) I have my Big Ferrari Flag hanging outside,and the Garage door is open...Wished He'd have stopped. (I am outside Grilling some Steaks for Fathers Day,while my Son is riding his Dirtbike around the "Estate"....:))

2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    DSL/cable down at friends home, parents DirecTV out... I get bored cause Dad is at golf and not taking is SL out for a spin with me so I wind up zipping out in the 575 with my fingers crossed MS might do something.

While driving I spotted a 308GT4? The Bertone designed car that is not as much loved as the 308 club that inhibits Chicagoland. I like them both, so I waved to the driver and I think he might have smiled. This was on Northwest Highway in Fox River Grove around noon. It had Ferrari badges. When did they brand it Dino?

An hour later I see a gorgeous 360 Spyder, red and tan, seeing the sights in my parents neighborhood. I would have flagged him down but the pup (my driving buddy,) was eager to run. Dad not home, off to McyDs where my drive through attendant gave me and the car some nice compliments...

As for my USGP predictions, I hope Vince won it in his 355.

RocketBoy

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Might have been my buddy Mike on his very first drive. He arrived yesterday to buy it and was in the hood around that time test driving it.

Sunday:
    6:15pm yellow 355 Spider on ramp to LSD at Irving

9:45pm red 360 Berlinetta northbound on LSD

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    My USGP prediction was almost right.

RocketBoy

5. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Sorry Rocketboy I was not able to qualify..
    Maybe if I ran MS & RB off of the road I might have had a chance..

430 spotted in South Barrington on Sat @ 5:30

Vince..

6. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Beautiful red 360 Spyder with the top down, LFSC plates on Central road in Highland Park today at 10:30.

RocketBoy

7. Onesto308

Onesto308 Rookie

Jul 30, 2004
    NW 'Burbs of Chicago
    Big boom in bentleys as of late. I have seen 3 Continental GTs, all different colors in the last week. 2 of em on Quentin and Euclid right by Harper College. The other was on I94, along with a CL65 AMG. Saw a DB7 Vantage on dundee a few minutes ago and a white Testarossa on Palatine a few days ago. An ok summer so far. Ah yes, a friend spotted a Ford GT parked in the lot at Huntington Plaza off Algonquin a few weeks ago. =]

8. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Yellow 360 Spider on Foster in Andersonville, about 8:00 p.m. Thursday.

9. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Chuck were you at village crossing yesterday afternoon? near CompUSA?
    Say an Alfa Spider that looked like yours.

-Mike

10. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Coincidentally, I WAS at Village Crossing yesterday afternoon, but down at the other end---at the theater and then Best Buy. And, I was not in that Spider you saw. Actually, I sold that Spider a few months ago---between that and the Biturbo I had two two-seater convertibles, neither of which could run track events without having a roll bar installed. So I bought an old GTV track car from one of the other CAROC guys (from Wayne, who had that mustard GTV on the Peoria drive) and I am in the process of getting it into shape. It needs a few things still to be streetable. My goal is to drive it at the CAROC track event at Road America in October.

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Red 575 on Barrington Road near Motorwerks. Im no longer special, I guess there is a RocketMan in town.

RocketBoy

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You'll always be special.

BTW: Finally the pic of your 575 on my wall of honor has gotten company by a pic of Mike's GT4, which I drove in Indy. Very kewl car in its own right and I finally broke that cherry.

13. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Nuclear green Murcie spyder north 94 Deerfield

14. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sounds like FVMC sold it :)

Well... either that or one of them had it out for a cruise :D

15. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Yellow Lambo Diablo spotted in Des Plaines @ 4:00pm

Vince.

16. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Red 360 convertible on Lake Street Addison 11:00am

17. F430, black with stradale wheels by LFSC today, it sounded incredible. Anyone from our board ?

18. Gotti

Gotti Rookie

May 12, 2005
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Jake Pelkey
    Spotted a black enzo head west on 80/94 back late may. I Managed to get a pic of back on my cell phone. I was stunned because i have never seen any ferrari beside my friends 360. It was behind me and looked in the rear view and was so excited. Then i let it get up next to me. The driver was middle aged and was wearing landyard with like an i.d. in plastic so i dont know if he owned it or was just transporting it.

19. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    We had a red 360 coupe and a yellow 355 convertible show up at CAROC's track event at Blackhawk Farms today. The 360 actually participated in the time trials, and I must give the owner credit: he was thrashing it around the track pretty hard. I believe he even had an off-track excursion or two.

20. Gotti

Gotti Rookie

May 12, 2005
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Jake Pelkey
    #70 Gotti, Jul 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    enzo spotted...sorry for the the bad pic but i was excited and was trying to use my camera with out running into the car infront of me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Several times over the past year or two I've seen a red 308 (but could be a 328?) in Crystal Lake, always on the west side. Saw it yesterday morning going north on 31.

22. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    I saw that green murci spider in glencoe a couple of weeks ago- biggest traffic stopper

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Beautiful DB9 ,last Saturday evening in front of Blackbird.

24. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Saturday (7/2), a red Mondial cabriolet heading north in the Kennedy express lanes, about 4:00.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good job and welcome to the board!

Catching them with a camera is the ultimate form of spotting. Well apart from stopping them and getting their S/N...
    :)