Summer 05 Spotted! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Summer 05 Spotted!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tony

Tony Rookie

Jan 18, 2004
    Northwest Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That was me in my 355 by Randhurst

Tony

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board and congratulations: You're one of the first and few who have been spotted by somebody and then came forward. Kewl.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Anybody seen the local-to-you yellow 360 spyder with pinstriping, driven by a very tan, gold-tressed gent?

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Tony! Where have you been! Gotta get you out Driving with us again. My Son,Frankie,Jr., has been asking about you and Tony,Jr......:)

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Red 308 driven by some tough mafia guy trying to stayed glued to the Maranello's ass. Glad I lost him, he looked like he means business.

RocketBoy

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Yep, that was 'Freakin Frank', the meanest, toughest most heartless one of the bunch. He shows no mercy and has no conscience!

Rocket, you're a lucky Boy; glad ya lost him too!!

7. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Especially after he did such a good thing today, now he can be a baaad boy.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Says who? Rocketboy rocketed out of the VA place being chased by Dave's black beast. I tried to hang on, but an orange light got in the way. Then I had a good time playing with the GT40 while taking pics. Driving in herds is fun.

9. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    And me bringing a knife to a gunfight. :)

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Hey,do you guys remember the Cartoon fron the Early-Mid '70's called "The Freak Brothers"? I think that they were the Original "Keep on Truckin'" guys,with the Bell Bottom and Boot clad legs stickin' Waaaay out as they Walked.....:) It was about the antics of 3 Hippie Bros. I can't remember all of their names,but one was "Freewheelin' Franklin"....:)

Yes,me little old 3.0 Liter V8 just couldn't keep up with those V12's....:(

11. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    I am glad you whooped the GT-40 replica, it is a nice car, but he made it a point Saturdat to tell me how the GT-40 beat up on Ferrari in the 60's...well, by the looks of his face in your mirror, I dont thing he will say that too much to me any time soon ;) Tanx Andreas!

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    For insurance purposes I observe the speed limit. But until you reach 65 mph you can show off and I did just that...Highway on ramps are my favs anyway.

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    While on business to MN, saw a TDF 456 on I39 just north of Rockford on Monday. Hours later, a mighty and beautiful B-17 Flying Fortress near Eau Claire, WI.

RocketBoy

14. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    2 Carrera GTs (black and silver) @ Porsche Exchange. I thought they were all spoken for... apparently not.

15. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    My favorite car Spike. Motorwerks still has a black one, ( delivered in April? ) From a owner of one in WI, I have been told that they really are a pain to drive and this opinion is from someone who races GT3's! If a dealer is sitting on one, the prices they come down to are simply nuts as I heard one as low as $325,000 for a car with delivery miles! Don't use DuPont Registry as a source because that same owner in WI is selling his for mid 300K and not like the "best offer $25,000 over MSRP," like you see in the magazines. I really wonder about the future and history this car will have in the supercar world. Until I have driven/fought with the tranny and clutch, just based on stats and looks I think this car is gorgeous.

Didn't you go to Volk Field last year? Was just passing by there and am so tempted to get a tour, if possible.

RocketBoy

16. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I think it was Sports Car Internatinal mag. that interviewed a guy in the Bay area who had one (Carrera GT), and was VERY disappointed with the car, specifically the clutch mechanism. While not my favorite cars (I like older cars), the CGT is a very interesting car, with very unusual lines, and a pleasure to drool over!
    Funny how Ferrari is about the only "low production" exotic outfit with the ridiculous waiting lists, lines of people waiting to pony up way over MSRP for cars.
    You can walk into a Lambo dealer and get what you want. I think you can get a Bently GT, probably a GT40, all at or below MSRP. Maserati.... well, I'm glad I dont sell them!

Back to the regularly scheduled program:
    Red 355 spyder north 94 @ 11:30 north of the junction
    Orange Elise south 94 @ 3:30

17. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    ?????
    Don't know where / what Volk Field is

18. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Friday afternoon, beautiful red 512TR.

Saturday afternoon, amazing and classic looking 50s 300 SL convertible. Red 348 spyder as well.

A few Maser Spyders here and there.

RocketBoy

19. michael22

michael22 Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    Black Bentley GT on Rush, Bentley Arnage on Michigan ave, Maserati Quattroporte (sp?) on Clark, yellow viper, countless Porsches and sl500s, and.....a red F430 on Columbus by Millennium Park. It looked very similar to a 360 at night. I only realized it was a 430 as it drove away and i saw the back end.
    Michael

20. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Red 308 with the top down on 355 about to get on I-55.

21. Fred 02

Fred 02 Karting

Aug 12, 2004
    Red mondial at 3pm on half day near I-94, very nice car!

22. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Actually, the 308 I saw yesterday was Neil Osgood. I forgot to mention that yesterday. I tried to catch his attention, but I wasn't in an FCar so he kept on driving. I was heading home to get the TR and go to the track, which was a blast.

23. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Beautiful dark Blue Maser QP on Lake Cook in Long Grove today during lunch.

RocketBoy

24. youngtifosi

youngtifosi Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    4:45 PM today, Hobson Rd. and Naper Blvd. in Naperville, I saw what I am pretty certain was a Giallo Modena F50 traveling west on Hobson. Didn't follow it as I was on my way home. Does anyone here know this car? I was unaware of any yellow F50's in the area.

Saluti

25. SELLER

SELLER Karting

Jul 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Silver 360 CS with the red alcantara interior, perfect.

VERY awesome car, bit surprised actually the owner would leave it no less than 12 inches from a curb with herds of people walking by.

Many compliments on the vehicle, exactly the specs I plan on looking for next spring.