Summer 06 spotted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Summer 06 spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Noticed a Viper going down Roselle near 72 (Higgins) around 2pm being driven by a woman, with her kid and dog in the passenger seat.

2. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    a total of 7 bentleys, a old m5, and a maserati coupe.

silver and a white bentley continental gtnext to eachother at wild oats in hinsdale at around 7:25. Red bentley continental gt spring road, oakbrook back in fullers burg woods. Friends black bentley continental gt at his house. Black bentley continental flying spur, hinsdale town around 5. Black bentley continental gt in hinsdale town around 3. Lastly a black continental gt on ogden
    passing the ferrari dealer. around 7 today. Maserati coupe in claredon hills town at 6:30AM. The old m5 spotted in fullersburg woods.

3. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
    I see that car parked in front a couple times a week.

4. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Maybe I should go outside once in a while instead of always taking the ped tunnel?

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Grey Porsche Cayenne super stretch Limo.....complete with a "Just Married" sign in the back window. Yesterday around 5 PM in Elmhurst, headed Westbound on Roosevelt Rd. It just could be the poor guys last chance to be in a sportscar for a long time.....:(

6. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    This afternoon, a black 308 or 328 on Lake Street in Oak Park.

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Red Z8 in my 'hood

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Seems like every year, BGC always like to "Glom" onto the FCA's Oak Street event. And park their cars all up and down Rush St., and anywhere else that they can. But, on the plus side....they are very cool cars....:)

9. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    only one in the world at the moment. i got to ride in it before. its been spotted a few time around the area.

anyway i forgot most of the cars but a two 360's, elise, bentley cant really remember it all.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We had a Dark Green Bently Continental GT behind us this Morning around 09:30 AM on Butterfield Rd. at Summit Av. in Oakbrook Terrace.

11. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    at fullers car wash in hinsdale a white Lotus Exige and a Bentley Continental Flying Spur were getting waxed right next to eachother. Today a nice black Bentley Continental GT.

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    A silver 360 that was on Golf Rd. and then turned left on to Roselle Rd. in Hoffman Estates. It had dealer plates, anyone know who that might've been?

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    If it has a blue/black combo interior, I saw him Friday. I asked him if he had heard of or was going to Oak Street and he said no, asked him if he belonged to the FCA, and he said he didn't know what that was. I think the dealer plates said Presitge Motors?

RocketBoy

14. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    That has to be the same one. I know we're in the same area and there can't be too many silver 360s running around here with dealer plates. I didn't notice where it said it was from. Never heard of Prestige before, but a quick Google search turned up it's near La Grange Park.

15. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Looking out my office back door there are currently 2 Deloreans parked side by side with their doors open outside the carwash on Tyler road in Saint Charles. Some may disagree, but I think their look holds up well over the years.

Also - more 'Vettes than you can shake a stick at in town for the Bloomington Gold corvette show at Pheasant Run resort.

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes, I'm headed over to St.Charles tomorrow afternoon to look at the 'Vettes....in my Ferrari!....:)

17. hwyengr

hwyengr Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Its a couple of days late, but on Wednesday I saw a black 430 Spider at 63rd and Stony Island. Not the most likely of locations, but was probably bypassing the Dan Ryan, just like I was.

18. homer91186

homer91186 Karting

Mar 28, 2006
    IL
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I recently moved to Chicago (Libertyville/Vernon Hills area) from South Carolina. In my life, I could count on one hand the supercars I had seen. After living here for a scant 3 weeks, that number has drastically increased. If you are a car lover, I would recommend driving up and down Sheridan above Evanston on a nice weekend day. My fther and I took a drive just to see what it was like and in 30 minutes we ran across:

(2) Bentley Continental GT's
    Ferrari 308
    Maybach (couldnt tell if it was a 57 or 62)
    Maserati Quattroporte
    Innumerable Porsche Carreras of all types (Turbos, Turbo Cab's, GT2, Carrera 2 & 4)

Honestly, if you go slow enough and look into the driveways, practically everyone who lives against the water has got a Porsche in the garage, and maybe another exotic. As a small town boy, I imediately fell in love with the area and plan to take another drive out there soon...

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Black B CGT at the corner of 72 and Higgins last night around 10:30pm.

20. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Glad you like the area. Head up further north to the Lake Forest area and you may see some more interesting cars. I was up there this morning and saw a nice black Aston Vanquish on dealer plates heading S on 41. Sounded very good. There's a dealer up there www.lfsc.com although I haven't been up there yet. More eye candy at Bentley Gold Coast on Rush in Chicago - I think they have a yellow Carrera GT at the moment along with a bunch of other things.

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, change of plans....Going to go tomorrow, (Sunday) now.

22. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    today a little before 2 on 31st street between 83 and york in oak brook, saw what was a green either lotus seven or a caterham, couldnt tell. But the guy seemed to be enjoying it!

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Golden boy on Michigan Ave with his red and gold Italian designed convertible. No, not the 360, but now an Allante (sp?). :)

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I wonder what that's all about?

Last week he made a call to Ed, asking if he could bring the 360 in right then for service.

He hasn't shown up yet!