Summer Spotters | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Summer Spotters

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RickSchneider

RickSchneider Karting

Jul 29, 2008
    #401 RickSchneider, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    430 spider on LSD going south near the Grand exit around 5 p.m. Sounded great...guessing a modded exhaust of some sort. Nice treat.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #403 Darolls, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    I'm not sayin'! :p

Though the pic says it all about some Lambo owners attitudes; and Ferrari, Corvette etc etc etc, not all people that own these cars are A-holes.

Unfortunately, the pic posted shows the attitude of some that feel they are higher up in the food chain because of what they own; not because of who they are.

I'm sure to the dismay of some, I really do detest arrogance!

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    That..or it was just a guy joking around.. One of the two :)

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    A blue QP off of Palatine Rd. around 8:00am this morning, red Maserati Coupe off Milwaukee around noon, and lastly an AM V8 Vantage heading eastbound down Palatine Rd. around 4:30. Love the Aston..

6. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    #406 SKNKWRX, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    Well since you wont say I will....thats me driving and my good friend Matt shooting so clearly I was just joking around with him. But since you decided to call me arrogant based on that lets just agree that I was giving you the finger all along, I'm sure it isnt an uncommon occurance. I really do detest presumptiousness.

7. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    LOL!

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I wasn't being presumptuous. If you read Rick's post again, you'll see it was pointed towards me. In other words, he was implying that someone was giving ME the finger.

Since it was unknown that it was a joke, I don't think it was unreasonable to call the driver arrogant. I didn't know who was driving, so I wasn't calling you, per se, arrogant. I'm sorry if you thought my comment was pointed directly at you.

Can you say I'm sorry?

9. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    #409 SKNKWRX, Aug 26, 2009
    I cant believe I missed the intent of your comment on Lamborghini owners. Allow me to apologize.....Lamborghini style.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Can we please cool it with the finger pictures etc? Normally that'd be a violation of TOS but since you guys are still bantering in a somewhat friendly spirit I let it slide.

Also while I'm glad to see some of you trying to patch things over (good idea), it has derailed this thread quite a bit.

So let's go back to spotting please:

Today a Bordeaux (?) Maser GT downtown.

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    You're not very good with those purple colors are ya? :p

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nah. It's all Bordeaux to me. :)

13. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    So a forum member instigates and some retaliate. So the retaliators get warned to knock it off. How about we get back to a normal forum where the instigator is told to stop instigating?

Rodney

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #414 Darolls, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    In retrospect, maybe my apology was a bit premature.

If you read my post again, you'll see I said "Lambo, FERRARI, Corvette owners etc etc etc". I didn't single out "Lamborghini owners"! DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ? It's really sad that there are so many childish antics going on here.....when will some of you grow up?

I guess some people can never admit when they're wrong. It takes a real man or woman to do that! I see a few here that are neither.

And of course, Rodney had to interject his drivel, along with Carla and her "LOL" post. Your immaturity is showing!

I extended my hand to Carla in a previous post, offering to drop the Gauntlet and forgive and forget but, as usual, her arrogance left her no option but to not reply. Carla will only reply to posts she considers derogatory towards her. She never replies to posts I make that are of a positive nature.

I pointed no negative response to any individual.

Rodney, I really don't know what to say to you, other than that the 1st 4 letters of your last name epitomizes who/what you are! No more need be said.........! It wasn't necessary for you to butt in, as the thread didn't include you! You are nothing but a Redneck man with a big ego. Me thinks your Mullet was much more befitting of you.

Andreas, I think this has gone beyond the point of being simple "bantering", but it has become another vehicle to slander me?!? Thanks friend, I really appreciate your support...... Danke nicht! ;)

15. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    And the instigator continues on.

Rodney

16. Orange1

Orange1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2008
    Flatland USA
    I don't know Rodney or Darolls personally but, I do have a few ways we could settle this nonsense once and for all.
    One way is to have them race each other in their f-cars for pink slips ... loser must leave the Ferrari world forever.
    Another way is to set up a boxing ring at the next FCA event and let them go at it toe to toe like real men.(Carla could be the ring girl)
    I really think f-chat should give them their own thread or at the very least ban them until they get together with Rob Lay over a beer.

17. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I’ve traded several emails with Rob Lay about this and how one individual can get away with so much and the moderator who is his good friend does little or nothing to rein him in. Guess it is just the typical Chicago politics thing.

Rodney

18. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    #418 SKNKWRX, Aug 27, 2009
  19. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Magnificent two tone (Silver/Black) Phantom on Rt 41 in Lake Forest today.

20. LCA Chicago

LCA Chicago Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2009
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G
    Maybe it was a traffic cam pic.

21. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    ME ARROGANT??? You can't even take a joke!!! The reason I didn't reply to your PM is because it's a waste of time and so are you. You are the biggest phony on this site. I don't live on fchat like you because you have nothing better to do, so I 'm not wasting my time addressing a positive comment, because the only reason you wrote one was because you were scolded by Andreas. I really think that you are suffering from dementia. You babble on and on in thread after thread always challenging everyone. You are not an asset to Fchat. Instead of playing the big "showman", PM us instead of name calling. We'll see how ballsy you really are then!

P.S. Rodney does bring up alot of good points about you bragging about all the exotics you've owned. Post some pictures and prove it!

22. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I've seen her around as well, sharp looking RR

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #423 ylshih, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    Temp bans for 3 above to cool off. Extra time for carlagio for creating additional user ID LCA Chicago, which was permabanned. When you come back, try "Ignore" if you don't like the other parties.

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Spotted this baby at Union Station
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81ThRuW5ig

25. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006