Sun Visor Mounting Bracket - 308 GT4 | FerrariChat

Sun Visor Mounting Bracket - 308 GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by dyerhaus, Sep 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Time for another "unobtainable" part search!

The sun visors in my 1975 GT4 seem to droop/fall down from time to time. It's not terrible, but I thought I'd try and tighten them up a bit before they get worse. However, when I took a look at it today, I discovered that all but one of the plastic mounting brackets are actually cracked/broken. So I thought it best not to mess with anything just yet.

I looked up the parts and discovered they weren't sold separately, rather as part of the visor. I just need four of the little plastic brackets. Not that they'd be obtainable if they were separate parts, but it seems crazy to buy two entire sun visors for a few little pieces of plastic.

I've done some looking, but I'm coming up empty. Does anyone know where I can find these? Pic of TAV and my one non-broken one.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I replaced these on my GT4 years ago. I remember I was having a tough time finding them. Wound up looking at either an Alfa or Fiat parts supplier and they had them. I can’t remember which supplier it was, but look around. Ferrari, fiat, Alfa, Lancia, often used many of the same parts.

dyerhaus likes this.
  3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    #3 Dom, Sep 18, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    Jack-the-lad and dyerhaus like this.
  4. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Thank you!!

I think my problem was I couldn't figure out what to call them, nor could I seem to get the right search string. I knew there had to be a Fiat, Alfa, or Lancia part out there that's the same.

You've set me on the right path, I'm sure I can find the right color… or, I'll paint them.

Dom likes this.