Sunvisor Clips | FerrariChat

Sunvisor Clips

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Maeter1, Oct 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maeter1

Maeter1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    New Hope, PA
    Full Name:
    Pascal A J Maeter
    Good morning,

I have recently moved to a new house and converted the bottom floor of a barn to a classic car garage, awaiting doors which should be installed next week and then all done! As the cars are now home for the first time in over a year, it reminded me that the 400GT (1977, chassis 21111) has two broken sunvisor clips. I have emailed the the two FChat participants who made them in the past but no luck as this was a few years ago. Could anyone help with a set or point me in the correct direction of the Lancia Ypsilon replacement as I bought the second series version which do not work.

Thank you in advance for your replies,

Pascal
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Absolutely love the stone wall.

samsaprunoff and Schumi like this.
  3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I think some 3d printed repro were made. If you don't mind the "sliced" look, this can make it do.

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Raemin,

Some 3D processes are better than others and it all depends upon how the 3D part is to be used. Also, some can post process the 3D print so that it looks as good as (or very close to) an injected molded part. I have done this with a number of 3D prints and I have been extremely happy with the results... virtually no visible lines/markings, etc from the additive process.

Cheers,

Sam

5. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I too need sun visor clips. Does anyone have the right STL file for them they can share?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
  7. Maeter1

Maeter1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    New Hope, PA
    Full Name:
    Pascal A J Maeter
    Good afternoon,

I purchased (by mistake) a later series Lancia Ypsilon clip, and after deleting the pin, they provided an adequate solution in so far as the visor end now has a bracket to attach itself to. I have reached out to past providers of the clips but they no longer have access to the molds. Does anyone have the 3D printer files available?

8. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I may have a pair of the 3D-printed clips - it might take a while to dig them up as we are in the middle of a building project.

9. Maeter1

Maeter1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    New Hope, PA
    Full Name:
    Pascal A J Maeter
    I would be very happy to purchase from you when or if you find them, thank you.

10. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    I have a few sets left over from when I made mine up.
    Price would be $100 AUD a pair plus postage.

These took a lot of experimenting to print out. I created a design in CAD and printed some in PLA and ABS but they were either too brittle or couldn't cope with the central Australian heat. In the end I printed some in natural nylon (coloured nylon is weaker) and had to completely change the printing process. As such these are not a perfect reproduction but were printed in a strip and then cut up. They can be painted or coloured if need be but I have left mine natural and am happy to have functioning visor clips again.

Once again these are not for a concourse car but will function as per originals.

Cheers,
    Al
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Maeter1

Maeter1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    New Hope, PA
    Full Name:
    Pascal A J Maeter
    Happy to purchase them so that I have more options, thank you. Let me know how to proceed.

pascal

12. Maeter1

Maeter1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2021
    New Hope, PA
    Full Name:
    Pascal A J Maeter
    For the avoidance of doubt, I do not mean to hog the supply of sun visor clips! To the extent I purchase the pair from Aidanparte (see above), I will be happy to make Al's pair available at cost.

Pascal