Super Clones from china | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Super Clones from china

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by RCorsa, Jan 26, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. descartesfool

descartesfool Rookie

Apr 10, 2023
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Claude Fortier
    I dropped by the jeweler where my wife bought me my Daytona with my son in law because he wanted to have a look at some watches. It turns out they had one used Daytona from a football player that the gemologist there said had only been in the store for a few days and that he expected would only be there for a couple more days before it got sold as it was unusual for them to have one. We had a look at the counter of new Rolexes and virtually all of them were on consignment from Rolex and very few were for sale as that consignment gets rotated between Rolex dealers. When I asked about getting a Daytona, he said he had no way of knowing if they could get a new one as you can't place an order or reserve one, you just have to wait until one comes off consignment and they receive one they can sell. They are the only Rolex dealer for 130 miles, so it is going to be hard to buy a new one in my area. I often drop by a Rolex dealer for fun when I travel, and it's been a while since I've been at a dealer that had a new Daytona in store for sale. When you ask if you can get one, they just shrug their shoulders.

Perhaps there are many people wearing fakes.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have a AD 1 mile away, here in the next couple months I'm going in willing to buy. I have only spent a few thousand dollars with them over the last couple decades, so no real relationship yet. I don't mind starting one going forward. I ultimately want a Steel Daytona. I'll just pay retail, not market, but willing to buy new Explorer, Oyster Perpetual, and/or GMT Master II in the meantime and trade it back in for loss when Daytona comes in.

We'll see how it goes! Could be interesting. Most of the Rolexs wholesale are back below retail and many market below retail. A few like the Steel Daytona quite a bit higher than retail still.

3. Sankar

Sankar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 21, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mani sankar
    Steel Daytonas and gmt master Pepsi are the hardest watches to get from an a.d.

rob lay likes this.
  4. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    You can get a new Steel Daytona for about 10K over list and pay no tax. You will lose more money than that buying and selling watches you don't want and even if you spend 50-100K you won't necessarily get a SS Daytona. If you want one, just spend 25K and get a new one on the Grey market.. You are out of luck if you want a Pepsi. It's being discontinued. next up is the coke.