SuperAmerica prices -- COME ON MAN! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

SuperAmerica prices -- COME ON MAN!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Drive550PFB, Dec 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Gooding has an SA coming up on Amelia est. 450-600k 😳

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Saw that, crazy...
    Wonder what mileage on that car.

3. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Define 'late'? Diablo roadsters ('96-99), approx 200 for the world are too on a vertical trajectory.

Jack

4. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Rubystone- You say SA's are a sound investment at the right price, but what's the right price?

I've wanted one of these since they came out- And I had one offered to me a year and half ago at 150k, but I wasn't offered enough for my Boxer as a trade.

Now they're way out there and it's hard to justify prices when they were so much cheaper a short time ago. But then again, my trade has gone up too.

Someone mentioned to me that they believe these cars can go to $1m. And another part of me is wondering if these are indeed $400k cars.

I'm jus' not sure what to do...

5. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Depends on how old you are, imho. If you can afford to wait 3-5 years, I think you will see them back at reasonable prices (circa $200-300K). If you are ticking off bucket list items and have enough cash then, you only live once :)

6. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    I think the 200k to 300k prices for the SA are long gone...unless you get lucky.

7. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    #57 efes9, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
  9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Charming! I'll have that 250 GT front grill in my 575M F1. A small detail that makes great overall difference visually, imho.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    SA in black is really sharp looking. Well done!

11. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi Terry, sorry if I am asking a question that has already been asked (my search abilities are not great :-( unfortunately). I am wondering what it parts of the 575M HGTC option. I have a 2005 superamerica, and would like to get a quote to upgrade to the HGTC spec. Any info/help would be much appreciated, especially if there are specific part numbers or kit reference numbers.

Tkx in advance!!

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Major part is CCBs, a huge expense if you want to upgrade your brakes.

13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Last time I checked, carbon fiber brakes alone would be roughly 8.000€ through Eurospares plus shipping. If you are US based, Ricambi for instance would make much more sense, thus I fear I can't be of service. Not a chep modification, but rather cool visually and with real life handling improvements. Don't know all parts that make up the HGTC pack but I'll try to educate myself. Terry is a true Ferrari Chat ambassador, so your best chance lies with him. My 355 F1 GTS' previous owner upgraded it with the Fiorano handling pack and it feels great. Definately worth it, imho.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #65 tazandjan, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There are 575 HGTC upgrade kits, but you need to see a dealer for specific pricing and what is included in the kits. As an example, you already have the HGTC wheels on your Superamerica, so do not need them. For you the three big things are the suspension upgrades, the CCM brakes, and the HGTC exhaust.

There were three bulletins on the HGTC kits, none of which I have been able to run down, but here is what I have for 575s and the bulletins are listed in the pdf file. The selling dealer should have those bulletins. You already have the faster shifting algorithms in your F1A system, with 180 ms min shift time vs the 220 ms of normal 575Ms. You also have the very latest shock abosorbers, half a set of which are identical to the HGTC shocks. Note these prices are in euros, not dollars.

These kits are very expensive, but way less than buying the pieces separately.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    Terry, tkx! I think I am only interested in the exhaust as the car has the wheels and I am happy with the base suspension set up. Will try to see if I can source this. Tkx for your help!!

16. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Gooding has an SA coming up on Amelia est. $450K-$600K. 😳

The Superamerica at Gooding Amelia Island is black over black with 925 miles and GTC option. They will also have a 599 SA Aperta with 350 miles. House estimate $900K-$1.1 million.

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  18. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    Terry,

Thanks for the tip - himmed and hawed too long...