News

Superautomatic Coffee Machine - Jura E8

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by ASK328, Mar 4, 2019.

1. chris0315

chris0315 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    NbyNW, tomc and wax like this.
  2. tomc

tomc F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  3. chris0315

chris0315 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Slayer and yes, it's manual. Well, digital and manual to be precise. Brewtimer and pre infusion. The best machine I ever had
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  4. C50

C50 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2016
    Very cool
    I was just checking out slayers on chriscoffee a couple of days ago.
    How would you compare it to your prior machines in terms of use and brew? Any issues w set up or maintenance?
    my ~10 year old Alex duetto has had some issues lately so I’ve been shopping while repairing

5. chris0315

chris0315 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Actually, the handling is so much easier! I know, it's all about practice but with this machine properly dialed in, it's just a blast!!
    With the pre brew timer and some really good single orgin coffee it's unbelievable what to get out of a bean.
    Don't laugh, I bought a cheap barazza sette w270i grinder. This thing has the appearance of a Chinese toaster but has etzinger scale. So basically grind to weight

This together is handling wise for dummies. Which makes the difference. I can make 20 shoots after another and they are all the same.
    My old bezzera, I still use her in my other home, requires a lot of attention, which is fun as well. But every shot is a new challenge.

That's the difference
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc and C50 like this.
  6. tomc

tomc F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Our Santo Domingo espresso showed up a few days ago. Tried it this morning. Yummy. Even the wife is impressed. Good stuff. Thanks Fred!
    T

NbyNW and chris0315 like this.
  7. tomc

tomc F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NbyNW, wax and C50 like this.
  8. Elialita

Elialita Rookie

Thursday
    London
    Full Name:
    Aria Coleman
    I've heard Jura E8 has a lot of good reviews.
    I have never used this model because I like semi-automatic espresso machines. I'm using Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista to make an espresso and cappuccino. This machine is available in three colors and red is the best one. I'm fully satisfied with this purchase because it makes really good coffee. This pic was made the previous morning:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW likes this.
  9. tomc

tomc F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've heard good things about this machine. Gonna have to look into it if our DeLonghi ever gives up the ghost. And, yes, if you have a choice of colors, red is the best! Our first espresso machine was a red Saeco. It was like the Ferrari color, Rosso Portofino.
    T