Supercar Saturday | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Supercar Saturday

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by autowerks racing, Apr 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    I'm not really sure, I'll get back to you. May have spelled his last name wrong too :D

By the way, the Bentley looks beautiful!

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Colors look great on her. Saw either one or two of them yesterday and today, one at Trump, the other in front of Tavern on Rush if it's anyones on here.

3. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    gotta get that gallardo out of tha back of lamborghini chicago first...... i thought about stealing it ;)

4. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    nice 430

5. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    is it blacked out?

6. BLAQK

BLAQK Rookie

Aug 17, 2008
    wish i could make it this weekend, maybe next month. I really want to see that Murci in person...mmmmm

7. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    nope. 03 grigio ingrid with sabbia

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Sheesh, looks like just another car show to me. Whether it's at Hooters, Augustinos, McDonalds or even a parking lot in nowhere, it's just another car show.

Drive to the 'show', park your car and let people drool over it, then drive home.......WOW, what an exciting day!!

P.S. Just my opinion, I don't need any death threats.

9. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    No death threat, but I have a sneaking suspicion you need to get out more..been waitin months just to have the ability to be outside in nice weather :)

10. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    THEN DON'T COME!!!!!!!
    It's for car enthusiasts only!

11. JoesFun

JoesFun Karting

Oct 2, 2006
    Lockport, IL
    Full Name:
    Joe
    +1 Carla

I couldn't have said it better!

12. RickSchneider

RickSchneider Karting

Jul 29, 2008
    #87 RickSchneider, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    Another Car show? Pish Posh! Actually drive these cars to a show?
    God forbid that someone else get enjoyment out of these cars! How dare they look upon the greatness that is Ferrari, paltry peasants! I spit upon your worthlessness. :)
    If ya dont like it dont go.

13. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I guess you feel no one will drool on your old 308 with so many other nicer exotics there. :) Raining on more parades again I see.

Rodney
    1990 348 TS

14. jeremycliff

jeremycliff Karting

Sep 29, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cliff
    #89 jeremycliff, Apr 28, 2009
    sounds like a couple people in here have their panties in a bunch. if you dont like "car shows" or getting together and hanging out with some friends and possibly seeing some cars that you dont normally see then dont come. simple as that. no need to piss on everyone elses fun cause YOU dont like the idea or dont like the name or dont think muscle cars are super cars and ect.

edit: oh and ill be there taking pics and will probably bring my video camera as well. :D should be fun.

15. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    #90 SKNKWRX, Apr 28, 2009

Seriously are you just a black hole sucking the fun out of everything you see? Some people on here are actually putting some effort into this event in case you had'nt noticed, so instead of trying to make it look bad before it even comes off how about you either zip it, make the best of it, or help make it better. I cant recall being to any of YOUR mindblowing events recently so maybe you should just appreciate that somebody is working hard FOR YOU. How about we buy the organizers lunch instead of calling our lawyers to debate what is and isnt a 'SuperCar'.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Karting

Nov 18, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    SKNKWRX for President, well played sir!

Ever notice how it's only the 308 guys with attitudes? Giving a bad name to an otherwise good car...unfortunate

17. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009

HA I dont understand the elitism displayed on here sometimes by posters on here. Im a car guy anytime I get to hang around other car guys and their cars is fun. Whats the big deal about a Ferrari that my Volkswagen could slap the snot out of? FYI I promise I wont wear my orange booty shorts and tube top Saturday....though I may get some wings.

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    As I said, it was just my opinion!

I wasn't insulting or belittling anyone for their views, but I guess some of you are so immature that you felt it necessary to reply in said manner!!

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Karting

Nov 18, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I dated a hooters girl once...they're fun to look at, but a whole new kind of crazy

20. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    IMMATURE??? Looks who's talking! It seems that after years of posting here, Skip, you're opinions are not wanted nor needed. You're a troublemaker with nothing worthy to contribute. Instead of complaining about everything how about contributing to the hobby? I don't see you getting involved with planning events or drives to bring enjoyment to others.
    So how about ...Shut you're pie hole, you old coot!

21. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    SKNKWRX and Jeremy I think it's just as bad what you're doing, generalizing all 308 owners and belittling them just because your VW will "slap the snot out of them." They're 25-30 years old so of course they won't perform as well as a modern car... I'd still take a 308 over a VW anyway.

Now let's get the topic back onto the event :)

22. RickSchneider

RickSchneider Karting

Jul 29, 2008
    Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! X]

23. Jeremy

Jeremy Karting

Nov 18, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    #98 Jeremy, Apr 28, 2009
    I never said anything bad about the 308, it's one of my favorite cars. As for taking one over a VW...it'd depend on which, I always had a soft spot for MKIV R32s ;)

Whoa...easy there dracula :D

24. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    #99 SKNKWRX, Apr 28, 2009
    No but you insulted and belittled the idea and effort the organizers were putting into this event, thats what I call immature. As far as I can tell they arent making money just asking people to get the word out and generate some excitement. Your comments were totally counterproductive to helping the cause. Some people dont care what kind of cars show up its all about the people and the attitude. It's a decent amount of work to take time outside your normal job to organize something like this and I for one appreciate the effort regardless of what is there and if I didnt I would not post that I just wouldnt show up. If it isnt your scene thats cool, I hear there is another event that day for unhappy people with ratty cars and bad attitudes, check it out.

PS I have no problem with any kind of car I love and appreciate them all, just dont drop elitist attitude because your car has a pony popping a wheelie on the hood when there are economy cars out there today that could embaress you.

25. autowerks racing

Jul 16, 2008
    Did someone say they are buying lunch?