Supercars Exposed Worst Crap Ever | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Supercars Exposed Worst Crap Ever

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rcraig, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I agree with most opinions so far....I have a general comment to make about car shows.

Why is it that they can't show any one view of "anything" for only about 1 second before they cut to another angle shot, or a wobbly motion-shot, or with some stange color-effect? What's wrong with actually holding a view of the car for maybe 20 seconds, or actually talking about the technical aspects? Too much talk about the Dubs (wheels) or the sound system or....bunch of crap!

I would like to say there are some good shows on TV...like DREAM CAR GARAGE (based out of Canada). This is a great show that realizes you have a brain, very well done. Also...in it's own way...CAR CRAZY is okay too.

Of course almost anything with Alan De Cadanet is good. We need an American guy like him to do a car program. But don't count on it...the majority of entertainment in this country is the kind that doesn't require you to think for yourself. Too much reality TV (how can people be real when they know they're on camera?). Too much tv about negative things....the majority of American TV is about crime, and yet we complain that there is too much crime?!?!

I'm shutting up now...this is almost worthy of a post on it's own in another section of fchat. I'm sorry everyone to rant and rave....

2. Jaws

Jaws Karting

Nov 30, 2006
    New England - USA
    Talking about complaints, I want to hear the car. I want to hear the motor, the turbo, the exhaust. I want to hear the tire squeel. This annoys me about most car shows including Motorweek. They profile a car every week and show you a 0-60 run but the car's sounds are drowned out by the damn narration. I want them to shut up so I can hear the car in all its glory. Just give me 15 seconds of screaming motor/exhaust/tire and I am a happier camper!

3. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Hey....I'm as much of a car snob as anyone. But PINKS I can actually watch and is entertaining - the creator has a good TV personality.

This Supercars exposed crap is just awful. The acting is more fake than an 80s horror flick.

4. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I agree with most here... SPEED sucks and completely panders to the NASCAR red/neck crowd, and the drifting, bikini girls, "pimped out" rides, drag racing, pinks, etc....

HOWEVER for what they are, they're doing well, I hate to admit it, but in the USA, that garbage is where the ratings are.

What WE need is another specialty channel, that focuses more exclusively on European type races/shows, with F1, the LeMans stuff, Top Gear... you know "proper" racing.

Complaining to Speed to "change" what they are now will never work... the best bet would be to get them to create a secondary channel, and leave it be a clean split. Let one go totally nascar/redneck and the other go european. I'm sure there is enough market out there for them to get ad revenues to support both channels.

OR maybe there's an F-Chatter here sitting on enough money to get out there and do it themself... hmmm.... :)

5. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    I'll picth $20 now.

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

Except: Speed did a crap job of promoting shows like Victory by Design, Isle of Man TT, Goodwood Revival, Paris-Dakar, etc. Meanwhile it promotes the hell out of NASCAR, Pinks, B-J auction, etc.

Jack

7. pdiack

pdiack Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Don't blame Speed, they are a business and simply chasing ratings. For better or worse, NASCAR is the 2nd most popular televised sport in the US (behind the NFL) and the demographics don't match up with "rednecks" anymore. YOU may not like it, but many do. People in the US just don't watch F1 or WRC and quality shows like Victory by Design and Top Gear. I don't like it, but that is the reality..

8. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I was flipping through 56 (speed) last night and we were treated to a bikini display (as usual, weird camera angles, fast motion cuts, etc.). Turned out to be a kind of puff piece on NOPA (context, I think a drifter organization).

Who should appear in the opening with miss bikini, but Hulk Hogan and spawn with shots of the white Viper drifting around?

Now I realize that this was probably a rerun, but mawGawd people - this is 2008!

Do these crackerjacks not even remember what happened in Florida? Do they think we have all forgotten?

Or, do they just simply not even care (and needed some fill-in footage that night) - & what's next? Dawg the Bounty Hunter and family on how to J-Turn a 'Slade?

Disgusted.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Where can you find WRC to watch on USA TV?

10. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    I have to download WRC (Mexico this weekend!), as well as FIA GT and F1 too, if I want decent commentary...

11. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Its an AWD car, I don't believe you can.

12. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    oops!

13. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    You are forgiven, I was just wondering if you might be a Tina Turner fan!

BTW, I once spelled out "Alpha Romeo" in a particle physics brain moment and almost never heard the end of it...