Supercars in Iran (Pics & Vids) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Supercars in Iran (Pics & Vids)

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Iran Supercars, Jul 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Was the photograher jealous,
    the car is nice in white

2. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    haha. that's awesome. i see a white 6 series in that pic too.

all the cars are white. strange!

3. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Where's the 6 series? I see a white or silver SL, but definitley no BMW.

4. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    do the same rules apply if she is a foreign national / not islamic ?

5. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
  6. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    It's been kind of a fantasy of mine to ship my 328 to Iran and then take some leisurely time for a good long drive around the country. In the Iranian forum in the intranet of a former employer, the Iranians at that company posted a lot of pictures from the country, many of which were fantastic. Many Iranians were very hesitant to talk about American or Iranian politics for a variety of reasons.

Only one guy was in favor of the "mullah regime," and most Iranians in that company REALLY disliked him and wished he would just go back to Iran. I got along with him okay, though, me being a regular old white guy with a strong sense of curiosity.

Too bad that the Ziocons here have such a desperate and irrational lust to attack Iran. They just can't seem to keep their hands off of other peoples' oil. The negative energy between Washington and Tehran would actually make me nervous about the timing of such an adventure.

It all makes me a bit disappointed because it seems like Iran should be a perfect friend an ally--but America made some very bad moves after WW II, and overthrowing Mossadegh was a huge mistake, obviously

It must be very tough living there, but I am glad to know that exotic cars exist in Iran! And welcome to FChat!. For an American to gain insight into what's happening in Iran, that person must proactively search because right now the propaganda machine is working overtime.

I have kept in touch with a few of my Iranian contacts at that company. I let one (named Ali) drive my 328, and if I can find a pic, I'll post it.

David

7. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    A former coworker of mine is Chinese-American and is married to an Iranian. He wanted to take her to Iran for a visit with his parents. For her to go, she had to "officially" (on paper) become a Muslim. She also had to wear the head-to-toe black covering out in public in Tehran even though it was a hot summer (in 2004) and the air was very polluted. She was miserable, but liked her in-laws.

I guess if you have money and know how to keep a low profile, it's easier to enjoy life.

I hope I do not offend any Iranians and/or Muslims here, it seems like the veiled think got very much turned around be a clergy that wanted undeserved amounts of control over their people: supposedly, according to what I have read, Mohammed wanted his wives to wear covering so that his followers would not lust after them. Understandable for that time, but why make the women pay for men's uncontrolled lust century after century?

8. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    #33 David512, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Posted with permission of the fellow in the picture, Ali S, at a secret location in California.

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. ZAMIRZ

ZAMIRZ Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Hey David. Just a heads up. You don't have to wear the all-black chador, most people who are westernized or who grew up in liberal households allow their daughters to wear whatever they want, as long as they don't get caught by the cops. Usually it's a vail that is pulled back allowing the front of the hair to be seen and a long, fairly light overcoat. the overcoats are constantly getting shorter as Iranian women push the boundaries further and further. it used to be all the way down to the ankles, now I've seen them as high as mid-thigh, and especially tight around the waste. Times, they are a changin'

10. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    Thanks. I have wondered if her husband's parents were just worried about avoiding problems. I know she was miserable going out in the heat. Will have to ask her some day.

BTW, I didn't notice any Ferraris in the pictures in this thread. Maybe I looked too fast.

11. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Chaos, yes even foreigners and tourists must abide by the same laws within Iran, which includes the covering of hair and modest clothing when in public.

12. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    David,

Thank you so much for your posting. Your idea of driving the 328 across Iran would be so amazing. You are correct, the landscape is very gorgeous and is as diverse as the USA, as is the racial makeup. By the way, you would be welcomed by open arms by the people and would have no trouble at all. The government, however, may cause you trouble if you get mixed up somehow in politics. Also, the cost of importing your car is prohibitive, 100% tariff, plus lots of beauracratic headaches.

Yes, the former co-workers of yours who favored the Iranian regime would naturally be disliked by the others who left that dictatorial Iranian regime behind. Think about it, why would you leave your homeland if not for a better opportunity. Nobody leaves voluntarily if they could live a good life in Iran. I would also spit on him, hypothetically, if I met him.

You have so many amazing stories. I have never met an Iranian married to a Chinese, and I've seen it all. Also, thank you so much for posting the picture of Ali and your car. Your 328 is gorgeous and so well kept. He's so lucky to have driven it. My day has not arrived yet.

13. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #38 Iran Supercars, Oct 14, 2007
    These pictures represent the closest Iran has to Ferraris inside the country.

Pic 1-5) Ferrari F40 (Replica Car Kit), spotted at an Iranian car tuning show.

Pic 6) Ferrari F2002 Formula One (replica kart), spotted at an Iranian car tuning show. This car is driven by Michael Schumacher.

Pic 7) 1964 Ferrari 500 Superfast, owned by the late Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of Iran.
    Serial Number # 6605 SF. L.H.D. Entered Pininfarina October 26, 1964, job number 99602, completed August 8 1965. Grigio argento Italver 25090A paint with blue 3015 leather. Sold new to the Shah of Iran. Very few of these cars were made, no more than double digits.

There also exists a Ferrari 365GT BB as part of the Shah's car collection.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    OMG, that replica is terrible.

15. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    I have read in this forum of people getting temporary licenses for these sorts of cars as a way of getting around the 100% tariff.

With or without the 328, I'd still like to visit Iran. A Kurdish friend of mine (from Iraq) said Iran has the most elevated and developed culture in the Middle East, bar none. Further, I have no doubt about the welcoming. Per my past travel experiences, I'd want to do some slow and casual travel and just spend time hanging out--and avoiding politics.

And BTW, I went to Iftaar the other night as a guest at my former employer's in San Jose (California). It was pretty interesting. I think the folks from the Middle East were happy that it took place at all. Senior management was very well-represented at the gathering of 300 people (half Muslim, half not), with three vice presidents and some directors in attendance. (The CEO gave a videotaped Ramadan greeting.) As I wrote in my feedback to the organizers of this Iftaar event on corporate property, I am not interested in seeing any religion promoted over another: my interest is seeing fear and ignorance reduced.

Best of luck finding a Ferrari to drive or own some day. To my mind, these cars have incredible personality. Even though they are machines, they seem very much alive. (And the 328 really starts to come alive above 90 MPH.) There seems to be more personality on the older cars, but this no doubt varies with the driver's tastes. I have driven about eight different models. All are unique and yet have this amazing Italian charisma to them. It's a little hard to explain, but Ferraris transcend concepts of social status or being a "status symbol." That's been my experience here in California, in any case.

David

16. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
  17. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
  18. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    No new updates?

19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    David,

Beautiful car! I love it! Any chance you might post some more photos of it in the "328 Mega Thread" in 308/328/Mondial? :)

20. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ali has not logged on in a while. 10-23-07 was the last time.....

My background is Iranian, was enjoying this thread and hope he returns.

21. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    Yeah, I'll post some to the 328 Mega thread. I have some pics with very nice backdrops. (I think they're stored offline, though.)

Sorry for not noticing this proposal.

D

22. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    No need to be sorry. I will look forward to the pics when you can get around to it. Thanks. :)

23. Iran Supercars

Jul 26, 2007
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Ali
    #48 Iran Supercars, Jan 12, 2008
  24. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name: