355 - Suspension control module | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Suspension control module

Discussion in '348/355' started by MackenzieF355GTS, Aug 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Qavion likes this.
  2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Delta Vee rebuilt my shock absorbers a few years ago. Rob took the time to ask me how I used my car at the track. I told him I just did HPDE events and didn't race. He also wanted to be certain that my car still had its functional actuator system. I asked him to rebuild the shocks to original Challenge specifications...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Interesting.

As the manual shows. The endstops aren't reached, so I don't know why your Comfort light illuminated.

I wonder how important the update is to non-racers? I have a '98, so probably have the updated version. Is it recognisable by Bilstein serial number or part number (the Ferrari part number seems to be the same)?

I have (what looks like two part numbers) "E4-XA2-Z001A09" & "05 1001 10" as well as the (2.7 and 5.2) Ferrari number "157497" printed on the ECU and "0588" (serial number?) embossed on the ECU.

4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    My Challenge car is now with Jim McGee at Pocono Sportscar who also helped develop the 348 and F355 Challenge cars when he was with Ferrari of North America. I'll ask him to explain all this when I see him again next week. Perhaps he can help make sense of all of this.

Qavion likes this.
  5. bhobson

bhobson Rookie

Feb 28, 2022
    Memphis TN
    Full Name:
    Blake Hobson
    Can you please repost the link to the 5.2 suspension wiring diagram? Or pm me with pdf or some help. Been struggling with dash light for months now!

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    No problem, Blake. New temporary link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/872tfBZylmdDeCuo

There is an ECU connector graphic in the bottom right hand corner to help with wiring checks (without pulling the connector backplug apart to look at wire colours).

7. bhobson

bhobson Rookie

Feb 28, 2022
    Memphis TN
    Full Name:
    Blake Hobson
    Thanks! Checked all actuators (all seem good); Checked struts (all seem good); Swapped Suspension ECU with known good one, no difference. So I am now thinking it may be the horizontal or vertical acceleration sensors. I wish I had a scanner that connected so I could determine the cause of the warning light. I appreciate you posting the schematic again.

Qavion likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Don't we all.

I really would find someone with a scanner. Otherwise it's going to become expensive and time consuming. The sensors are not cheap and you'd have to take off your front fender just to do wiring checks. Also, faults set by the actuator automatically reset after you replace a bad one, but accelerometer faults may require a Ferrari tool to clear the light, not just just a power reset and a short drive. I was checking the voltage going to my accelerometers at the frunk fusebox (with the fusebox plug disconnected) and this illuminated the fault light and it didn't go away after I hooked everything up. However, I also had an unknown intermittent actuator fault, so I was never sure if the light was due to that or turning power on with the actuator disconnected. I took the car to my tech shortly afterwards and he reset all my faults and identified a faulty actuator.

Is your light intermittent or steady?

9. huzilulu

huzilulu Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2011
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Huzi Husain
    Can you pls repost the suspension wiring diagram? Does it apply to all versions of the 355? Mine is USA spec 99 F1.
    Thanks!!

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Unfortunately, I don’t have a Suspension diagram for the F1 car. Also, the F1 System diagram doesn’t show the suspension switch. The wiring stops at a multi pin plug (location unknown). I don’t even know if the Suspension diagram is correct for the cars with switches marked with a shock absorber symbol and a small “S”.

11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell