Suspension fault warning | FerrariChat

Suspension fault warning

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Keith Darby, Jun 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    I have a 2001 360F1 and recently have a warning on instrument panel for suspension fault. I drove car to work today (33 miles and about 75 degrees) and no warning. I left work to drive home and warning appeared quickly (about 90 degrees). After about 23 miles I stopped, turned engine off, restarted and drove the remaining 10 miles home. No warning. This is about the 4th occurrence. Is there anything I should check before scheduling service? My nearest service facility is a 6hr round trip. Thanks.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    If you park in a tilted (one side higher than the other) parking place, you will often get a suspension warning light afterwards.

3. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Learned something new again today about this car. Thanks Terry.
    Damn, now I wonder what I am going to forget to remember later on, assuming out>in at my age lol

4. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Going to guess that code will be C1211, rear acceleromator sensor.

5. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I agree. Had the same last year. Cheap and easy fix

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I got that once in my 456M after filling up. They had put asphalt over the concrete by the pumps, but there was still about 2.5 feet of bare concrete by the pumps, so one side was about two inches lower than the other. I just moved the car to a level spot, turned it off, and got a soda. It was fine when I started it up again. But that was a specific situation and the only time it ever happened. If it's coming back, Brian has ID'd the most likely culprit.

7. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Thanks for the reply. I believe that I park on very level areas at home and at work. Warning seems to only appear when outdoor temps are high.

8. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
  9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Keith, not sure if this helps, but according to the workshop manual, on the right hand side of the engine compartment on the side member of the chassis. To access it, you must disassemble the "right hand side guard of the engine compartment".

10. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
  11. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Thanks Brian,
    I just had an opportunity to drive my 360 in the same conditions that the warning appeared before. I replaced the sensor with a new part (old number superseded/ thought may be improved). Problem seems to be cured !
    Thanks again,
    Keith

12. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Thanks Eric,
    Picture was very helpful even though my car is an F1 Spider. (Lots more stuff hiding that sensor)
    Thanks again,
    Keith

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    +1, first thing to go it seems. Almost worth just replacing without bothering to take it somewhere to get the code read. Got a used one for $50 last year and globbed the whole top with new silicone to fill in any cracks. Cleared the error, so will get a new one at some point. No hurry as long as it's working.