Suspension Malfunction Warning light 355 | FerrariChat

Suspension Malfunction Warning light 355

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stuh, Jul 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    The little amber light has just come on. Anyone know what sensors activate this? Car does a feel a little "crashy" at the back, but maybe i'm just imagining this after seeing the light!

2. F355 SCOTLAND

F355 SCOTLAND Karting

Apr 20, 2006
    Dumbarton
    Full Name:
    mark reilly
    is it the warning light thats got a pic of a car with arrows pointing down beneath the wheels, if so this is linked to the speedo sender unit, if not soz m8. having owned my 355 for a year and a half ive got used to all sorts of warning lights flashing, the cars are great but the electrics are awful.....

3. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    If its the shock absorber light, the motors on top of the shock absorbers (red things with wires attached, pop circlip underneath to remove) rotate the damper screw to vary the damping whilst you drive relative to speed etc. When you turn the ignition on these motors move the damper adjuster through its full movement - if they cant move through this full movement or move too far then you get an error. I guess if a damper rod has snapped on one side then you would feel an inbalance.

But the immortal words of my old Lancia integrale manual spring to mind "If the brake warning light comes on, there may be a problem with the brakes, the wiring from the brakes to the ECU or with the warning light itself" :D

4. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Both times I had this warning light it was the same thing. A very small actuator at the top of the suspension had broken. Tiny little cog-like thing about the size of a 5p piece.

£550 from Ferrari. A complete joke.

5. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Thanks chaps

Car goes in for a service next Tuesday so i'll get them to take a look.

6. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    If you search through the forums I have seen somewhere that these bits are available, I think someone has them made - sorry to be vague but I have definately seen it here somewhere.

7. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Corvette guys in the USA have reproduced them. It is an identical part to a Bilstein/Corvette adjustable damper.

look on ebay (of course)

http://tinyurl.com/memvk

JM

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    yeap, thats the badboy. Thanks for the tip. Next time Ill shop around rather than paying the Ferrari premium. cheers