The Purosangue Thread | Page 100 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    My assessment is spot on. I said Ferrari has been doing this for generations, which is 100% correct. Were the side fins on the 348 a successful use of a design element from the Testa? Not hardly.

Moopz likes this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    As I said, this can be done well or done poorly. I see zero similarity between an F355 and an F50. Furthermore yes both the 348 and Testarossa have strakes however their strakes are quite different and each car has an overall unique cohesiveness specific to that model. Manzoni’s designs are often criticized for lack of cohesiveness. No I don’t agree with your assessment.

3. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  5. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Well at least I have eyes.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Oh, witty too. Isn’t there a boat you should be commanding? You’re making my point for me with your incessant posts. The point is though there may be vague similarities however there is no cut and paste between the F355 and the F50. One can only point to similar generalities e.g. they both have 4 tail lights. The Puro so far from what we’ve seen is bad cut and paste and doesn’t seem to work. I’ll see it in person to make my final opinion however so far, not so good.

Enzo Belair likes this.
  7. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Incessant posts? That's rich coming from someone with 17x more posts in roughly the same number of years.

8. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Alright fellas, this is as productive as sparring in P&R. Shall we move on?

When does the Purosangue get its own subsection in Fchat? Feels like it's time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Plural is Cavallini, not Cavallinos.
    Just saying.

Marcel Massini

RamsHmb, ANOpax, 400GT4doors and 4 others like this.
  10. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I would like to believe the two photos are really. But I have a few questions. Anyone have answers / thoughts?

looking at the “original” two photos.

starting with the rear view:
    The floor has one dark gray metal wheel track surrounded by a yellow floor. The yellow seems to extend a fair way forward on the right side. The front floor is two shades of gray, no yellow. Does that make sense to those of you who have been to the factory?
    The rear defuser does not seem to match / attach with the silver paint.
    Are European plate holders black like that? Seem unusual. Looks more like what someone would due to hide a real plate. Seems odd to have a car on the production line with a real plate. Odd to me?
    Both Ferrari badges seem one dimension, yet plenty of depth in other places in the photo. Thoughts?
    there is a white box on the background wall with a U shaped cord on it. I do not see that in the front photo. In fact the wall seems different in many ways.
    No sign of the SF90. But that might be a angle issue, or not. Thoughts?

front view
    Same issue with the two Ferrari badges, maybe more pronounced. The lens aperture Seems to be open enough for the front wheel to be in focus and the back wall to be in focus but not the badges. Thoughts?
    Alignment issue of the front quarter panel to the door seem just wrong. Not sure why a designer would do that.
    The back wall seems different than from the back photo, might be the angle.
    The persons reflection ends at the door line indent. Possible but a head scratcher for me. I would have assumed the would have been some shadow. Maybe weaker or at a different angle. Compare that to the light reflection on the headlight, reflection does not change but the angles do change.
    The reflection on just to the front of the wheel has a weird bite out of it, very sharp. Hard for me to understand that from a light source a number of feet away (assume of the ceiling)
    The floor is very different from the rear photo. Is that right?
    Weird and very square small gray box over the right front wheel flare.
    I kind of see a door handle next to a very well defined shadow. Seems unusual to me, how about you?

Personally I put the photos at 51+% probable to be a photoshop job based off the information in F Chat up to yesterday. Somewhat / very close but not real.

Brad.

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The pictures below show the Purosangue rear and how it compares with the Lusso and FF. I’ve noticed the following details in the Purosangue rear side :

- The Rear windshield wiper is non-existent or hidden

- The rear lights shape resembles the Roma’s. Below the rear lights there are two holes that look like vents. Perhaps they have the same function as the large vents in the rear side of the 812 Competizione.

- The shape of the plastic rear bumper resembles very much the one of the 812 specially around the exhaust pipes. The diffuser is also very similar to the one of the 812.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

456-boy likes this.
  12. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    You are misinterpreting most of the information in your post.

- Rear windshield wiper has always been a cost option. So the lack of it on the PP car is not a reason for speculation.

- Rear lights are very clearly from the 296. Not Roma.

- The shape of the bumper is more reminiscent of Roma than 812C.

Please do some research before posting “analysis”.

isot, crinoid and ferrariforevervp like this.
  13. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The photos are real. In the know sources on this thread confirm. In addition I have a friend who has seen pictures of a mule before camo was applied to it who also said this is the car. For anyone who has visited the factory, the assembly line will be instantly recognizable. This can be verified by the red “25”, “26” signs in the background indication station numbers in the hall. I don’t recall by heart how many stations there are on the lines but I’m sure someone here knows. This looks like the car is sitting in a validation rig of some sort considering the large ventilation shafts to presumably draw out fumes. Same with the SF90 in the background.

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for your observations and for pointing my lack of research.
    Concerning the windshield wiper I don't care if it's an option or not what I mentioned was that is inexistent or hidden in the picture. Concerning the bumper you misinterpreted what I wrote because I never mentioned the bumper of the 812 C but the 812 (SF). I see many reminiscences of the Roma rear lights but that's a personal opinion.:)

15. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Eh? Have you seen residuals on the Urus and G63 in Europe? Very low demand?!

Where I live the Urus is going for 12-15% more now than it was in 2018! The G63 15-20%! Europe will be huge for the Purosangue.

16. Deejrc

Deejrc Rookie

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    D J RC
    Yeah, I don't think anyone is ever going to defend the Cullinan and the Bentley thing. Both look nasty. I was in Geneve the year the Bentley was first shown and I burst out laughing when I saw it.

Im afraid Id just go back to our Cayenne. Its 10th of the price of the new Purothingy and does the job brilliantly. I don't mind spending money on silly stuff - run silly sports cars after all - but SUVs are just not something I would or could spend daft money on.

Gianfranco341 and gt_lusso like this.
  17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    See post 2464.

18. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    l think you might be on a (different) bandwagon, you just don't realize it.

Enzo Belair likes this.
  19. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    Car after car to much polarization.
    Don't recall a period in history of the brand that this happened.
    Literally every car.
    Mr. Marcel?

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The 296 is a model I haven't followed closely therefore I had not in my head its rear looks. Due to yesterday's posts bombardment somehow I missed the one you mentioned. After seeing it I admit mea culpa because the taillights are indisputably the same………..

crinoid likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
  22. NewYorkLego

NewYorkLego Karting

Jan 28, 2019
    NY
    This looks very close to the Ford Mustang Mach-E. Built with leftover Roma and Portofino parts.

GHG likes this.
  23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I’m afraid I have to admit that as I approach my late 50’s, and the result of lifting weights almost daily, that there are times I pull up in my Speciale, 488, or even 812, to a parking spot and have to psych myself up for ~5 seconds before taking a deep breath and attempting to hoist myself out groaning and wincing. :)
    What will it be like when I roll past 60? I see a Purosangue in my future since I love Ferrari more than any other brand by a large large margin.