The Purosangue Thread | Page 12 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  2. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Don't agree Rockit, it look amazing (even more in person). I like how they stuck to classic soft lines. Strong and powerful look.

3. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Now this looks fugly.....looks like a Urus or a Audi with a oversized from scoop area :)

MDEL likes this.
  4. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Disagree Dustman, you have to see it. It's amazing looking. Now if you are looking for some "look at me" eye-catcher, then of course it's not the ride for you, but this is subtle luxury, which is what I am after. Don't want the attention, I want to blend in as much as possible, but still have the size and "magic carpet ride" for long distances.

5. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    This is, imho, the way the GTC4 Lusso will develop into the so-called FUV. Not that drastically different from the GTC4 Lusso and higher on its wheels. Don't expect a SUV as square up as others make them.

MedinaCustomClassics and MDEL like this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  7. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Can you say UGLY!!

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Subtle luxury?
    You want to blend in...in a Cullinan?
    Are you kidding?

I can't imagine a more obnoxious in-your-face display of robber-baron over-the-top wealth-display in the World.
    be prepared for the hate that will definitely come.

RR and Porsche much better for SUV duties IMO.

Ferrari? Well...and I am a huge Ferrari fan...I am still very much undecided but there is very little chance I would drive around in a Ferrari-badged SUV.

Sports cars are for enthusiasts...and spending a fortune is understandable if you have the means.
    Spending a fortune on an SUV is not about brand enthusiasm (again IMO), it is about wealth-display.

Radu, anunakki, AshAP and 4 others like this.
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ^ what is that? That's not a FDC slide, is it? Please say "no."

11. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    That is probably the closest render so far to what I am expecting the FUV to eventually turn out to be.

12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The FUV is supposed to have a hybrid V8, not a turbo, and the rear doors are supposed to be hidden in a coach door arrangement. No, V12, so Ferrari is up to something different.

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Bentley Bentayga USA sales:-

2016: 884
    2017: 1152
    2018 Jan-May: 416

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thanks for that information which gives a clearer picture about the world market.

NEP likes this.
  15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    hard to believe that suv Ferrari will have NA V8
    I think it will be turbo V8 + electric motor

16. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Only thing I read about it said hybrid V8 and no V12. There are links earlier in this thread or the other thread on this topic, but I'm too lazy to look for them.

Turbo and electric would probably be pretty amazing, HP wise, and since it's not a mid engine screamer, why not?

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    These renderings are starting to make my eyes bleed. Ferrari should not go down the "elevated sports car route", that way lies madness.

The new Range rover Velar looks good for an SUV, maybe poach the design team ?

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There's no reason why a Ferrari SUV has to share the design characteristics of the sports cars. Most companies just do that because they're trying to spend as little as possible.

The best looking SUVs are Land Rovers IMO. Urus, Bentayga, and Cullinan are lazy designs aimed at people who need others to recognize the car they're in as being expensive. No designer worth a damn would have just slapped a Phantom front-end on a RR SUV if they had the choice of a clean sheet design.

If Ferrari wants to make a good looking SUV, they will abandon the style of the sports cars and just make a properly good looking clean sheet design. G Wagon is another good example of high-end SUV that rich people love that really doesn't look like anything else in the catalog.

If however they just want to milk people for every dollar they can and profit as much as possible, it will be just as bad looking as the other exotic SUVs and they will just tack on some Ferrari lights and grill to an SUV body.

otakki and 635CSI like this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari won't just do another SUV. If it happens, it will be a high riding GT, not a traditional truck.

crinoid and G. Pepper like this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In post 284 picture is written a phrase which was the answer given by Flavio Manzoni when he was asked about the complexity of designing an Ferrari SUV/FUV. "Difficult to transfer all the Ferrari style to a raised body" that's what Manzoni said and as far as we know Ferrari design department has already subjected to Mr. Marchione several final arts of the new FUV/SUV and none of them was approved until now by the big boss who just ordered "continuo trying". The new vehicle can't be another SUV like every bodie's else have because the originality you mentioned on your post, will probably be one of the most important aspects to differentiate this first timer Ferrari. Despite having to be original the new FUV can't afford not to incorporate a certain degree of Ferrari style in order that can be associated with the brand and with it's heritage. I think Manzoni and his team with this FUV are into a completely new territory and have on their hands an extremely complex design task . That's the kind of challenge Pininfarina used to take and overcame delighting everyone with revolutionary creations and beautiful designs. Let's hope Manzoni's design team can do something identical by following the inspiration of the great master.

tomc and G. Pepper like this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Remember the Panamerican 20k mile touring 599’s?? They raised the suspension on them. The new car will probably have height adjustable suspension and gullwing doors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Adjustable suspension seems like a sure thing, but I would be freaked out if it had gullwing doors.

AshAP likes this.
  23. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    Subtle luxury? Holy cow looks like 3 London cabs patched together. Nothing of that size is subtle and this happens to be really ugly outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki and stavura like this.
  24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think it was Sergio who said that was a possibility of gullwing doors. The reason was to be able to keep it a two door car and also have easy ingress and egress from the rear seats.

G. Pepper likes this.
  25. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Pininfarina in the end is a company and its employees were the ones who designed cars, some of them really glorious. Wonder whether Ferrari 'took over' some of these employees to strengthen their design team? Could imagine that.

G. Pepper and MDEL like this.