The Purosangue Thread | Page 14 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I thought Lexus. Lol

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    None of these are real. MDEL is just bored I guess... lol

stavura, crinoid and G. Pepper like this.
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Well, this IS real and I hope / think Ferrari will lean more to this style albeit with 4 seats however I think it will still be two doors.

4. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    anunakki, 635CSI, stavura and 4 others like this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's very cool, I hadn't heard of that before. Other than the looks, somewhat as I'd expect a retro-modern Lancia Stratos to turn out.

crinoid likes this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Fair enough I just need them to make it easier for my kids to get in the back. Its a bit of a pain to have to continuously move the seats back and forth / back and forth / back and forth. Sometimes they pull the handle too hard, the seat when returning at times changes positions. I can't see anyone wanting to use the current concept as a try 2+2 daily hauler. Its good for the occasional..

8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    If in the future one cannot afford a Ferrari FUV, one can fall back on the Lamborghini Urus copy - The Chinese cloned Huansu Hyosow C60.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  10. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    The RR Cullinan looks nothing like that bro. And I know it won't ride like that. Take a new RR for a spin and learn.

11. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I hope Ferrari does something unique and cutting edge, that mirrors the brand. All the rendering I've seen are too common and boring, imo.

markonex likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If they build an SUV they should build the best performing, most dramatic looking, and sportiest one in the world***

*** with Sergio involved I'm not holding my breath.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Which Ferrari launched under Marchionne failed to impress?

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Depends on the perspective. Drivetrain wise nothing to say Ferraris from Marchione era are benchmarks in their classes. Aesthetically the latest 812 is more controversial than it's ancestor but the Portofino doesn't seem to be.

350MH83 likes this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is the first clean sheet project under Sergio. The guy is a bean counter, not a visionary. If they build an SUV, I would like to be unlike anything anyone has seen before in function, styling, and performance.

If Ferrari makes a boring looking truck, I'll be most disappointed no matter how fast it is with its hybrid power.

read33 and crinoid like this.
  16. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    I don't care about desigin, Ferrari build sport cars, I hope that this Ferrari suv will be revolutionary in terms of driving in suv car, I hope that after ride in Ferrari suv you all say that this expirience is closer to driving Lusso/M5/Panamera than Range Rover or Cayenne

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    When I drive an suv I want an suv...not a Ferrari. When I drive a Ferrari I want loud engine, stiff suspension, road feel, feedback, performance, etc. Currently I have a Range Rover and bentayga. I enjoy the quietness and comfort. That’s not what I want a Ferrari for. A Ferrari suv doesn’t make any sense to me... but more power to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crinoid likes this.
  18. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I imagine a lot of people will do unlawful things on the road on purpose, just to be arrested and taken to the police station, and claim they've rode in a Ferrari! :D

Kind regards,

Nuno.

NEP and MDEL like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  20. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    ^ Panamera Sport Turismo with F wheels/shield

MedinaCustomClassics likes this.
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    While everyone is waiting to see what Ferrari new SUV/FUV will be the FIAT group launched two new performant SUV’s both having Ferrari engines. The group has now three SUV’s which are within the best available in the market and the new Ferrari will have to beat them in every single department in order to be worth not the price but wearing the cavallino badge. That’s what the Fiat's companies offers now in the top of the range:

- The Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio with a 510 cv 2.9 litre V6 Bi-turbo Ferrari engine and derived from the the 488 twin-turbo 3.9 litre V8 and has a top speed of 283 Km/hour and 0-100 Km : 3,8 sec

- The new Maserati Levante GTS unveilled recently at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. It boasts a Ferrari twin-turbo 3.8-liter V8,which will be assembled by the god-hands of Ferrari in Maranello, and is tuned to punch out 550 cv and and has a top speed of 292 Km/hour and 0-100 Km: 4,2 sec. This model is $ 50.000 cheaper than the more powerfull Maserati Levante Trofeo

- The Maserati Levante Trofeo is the flagship with a 3.8-litre Twin Turbo V8 Ferrari engine that has been engineered to perfectly mate with the Q4 Intelligent All-Wheel Drive System and delivers an astounding 590 cv and a top speed of over 300 Km/hour and 0-100 Km : 3,9 sec

The Lamborghini Urus is one of the Fastest SUV’s in the world with a top speed of 305 Km/hour and a 0-100 Km: 3,6 sec and comparing wit the Trofeo we see how close it is. The Maserati Levante Trofeo delivers a similar performance for a considerable lower price and with a much more elegant design. To turn things even harder now there is also the Maserati Levante GTS with it's equally beautiful design and placed in the list of the 10 fastest SUV’S available. With a V8 550cv Ferrari engine and a cost around $ 121000 which is a bargain, roughly half of what costs an Urus and will be costing a new Ferrari SUV.
    With all these Fiat group nice products made available at once in the SUV market segment, I presume the last thing Sergio Marchionne wants is a Ferrari SUV/FUV that will be in some way a "flop". Should that happen it will never be due to the power train because Ferrari has numerous solutions to make that car the fastest SUV/FUV on the planet. The biggest risk comes from the design area and in that particular Flavio Manzoni has an enormous challenge both in originality and attraction power. Let’s hope Manzoni will surprise the world but if he doesn't at least he should present a product that is as beautiful as any of the Maserati SUV's.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

deltona and G. Pepper like this.
  22. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Can’t wait to see road map in middle September for FUV and hybrid supercars

23. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Yeah, but it's a Maserati, hahaha

MDEL likes this.
  24. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Does it go one eighty-five?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's right but the Levante Trofeo SUV already has a Ferrari engine and performs like one. Now the only thing we know for sure is that the new Ferrari SUV/FUV will be wearing the cavallino emblem but such a privilege carries also a great responsibility therefore there will be no excuses if the new car performance and aesthetics aren't a benchmark.

deltona likes this.