The Purosangue Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My reaction is apprehension. I agree with Tim, this is clearly borne out of the IPO. I just hope they know what they are doing.

MDEL likes this.
  2. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think you are absolutely right about a sort of LWB Lusso, but whatever they do, they have to tackle it in an innovative manner, not just like Aston, Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche, Rolls etc, slavishly building slab sided high vehicles with familiar radiator grilles. They almost need to try and create a new class of vehicle which somehow encompasses what the market wants in an SUV but also truly is a Ferrari. This is my only hope for what would otherwise be a sell out of the Brand.

jumpinjohn, MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Tim you are absolutely right. My hope is I simply lack the imagination that they have, and thus, I can't properly conjure what they are up to....

So suggestion to Ferrari- whatever you do- race it somewhere with success- do they still do the Dakkar Rally? That would work.

And now they are saying they will make a purely electric supercar.... I'm waiting for the onslaught of angst over the "inevitable" Ferrari electric SUV....

Suggestion #2- a bit off topic I apologize- get into Formula E.

MDEL likes this.
  4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yes, just money ! they don t care about so many things...

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The two are sharing the Ferrari DNA, one with a Ferrari engine and the other with an engine developed by Ferrari. Because they are both well designed and show Italian character aesthetical comparisons with a future Ferrari SUV are going to be inevitable. Ferrari is aware of that and has already announced that the new vehicle will not be an SUV but an FUV (Ferrari Utility Vehicle). Since no one has the faintest idea what that is let’s wait and see what Flavio Manzoni comes up with.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  9. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Hopefully it looks like none of the above.

Dat, G. Pepper, MalibuGuy and 8 others like this.
  10. f12luke

f12luke Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Luke Tarbuck
    i can see this coming, but not for a good few years. the 812, gtc4 and portofino building is the main priority as ferrari want to increase their yearly output. i don’t think there’s a huge market for a v12 suv at the minute, and ferrari are pre-occupied, be a good few years

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Randy and uhn2000 like this.
  12. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Funnily enough the more I see these incarnations the more I see it can be for real soonish.

uhn2000 and MDEL like this.
  13. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    That one does have some potential...

Now if they put a v12 in it, that would be interesting, but that hood does not look suitable for it. Probably the mystery v6.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Dolceexte and MDEL like this.
  14. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    If the rumors of it having suicide doors is true, does anyone know what this facilitates or allows for in terms of packaging and design?

15. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    If they are doing it to remove the exterior door handles, and make it look more like a 2 door, then you could have a situation similar to what Mazda did with the RX-8 or BMW with the i3- the rear doors can't be opened until the front doors are opened. But it could allow a very tight panel gap and thus, help the illusion that its only 2 doors. However, it doesn't mean Ferrari will do it just like this. We have seen they often have very innovative ways of tackling problems. No matter what, it will be fascinating.

MDEL likes this.
  16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Four door is the right choice. Having to open the front door in order to open the rear doors is a mistake and I’m sure Ferrari recognizes this.

Here’s a pretty interesting vid about the hauling capacity of the Tesla X
    I’m not a Tesla Fan Boy. I’m a Ferrari Fan boy. But the progress of innovation at Tesla is impressive.
    They obviously lack the racing experience and know how of Ferrari. But that doesn’t mean that Tesla won’t move to incorporate more sport driving characteristics to their future models.

MDEL likes this.
  17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I hope Ferrari Style Center will do something much better.

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  18. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    To me this design is borrowed from the 2010 California GT.
    I don’t think this generates enough passion for a new model either

MDEL likes this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I hope you realise that this is all about traction (basically tyres and ground pressure), not power.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I truly hope Ferrari does not do an SUV (although in my heart I think they will). None of those renderings look good. They all look plain and boring. I really think an SUV would hurt the brand, not a first, but over time. But, as someone said, Ferrari (stock symbol: RACE) is a publicly traded company now, and they have executives and shareholders that don't give two sh**s about diluting the brand multiple decades in the future. Sad.

21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #71 MalibuGuy, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Have you driven a Tesla S with dual motors?
    Where I live in Malibu, there are plenty on the road.
    They are pretty fast. It’s more than the tires. It’s all about torque and the way an electric motor delivers more efficiently than an ICE with a transmission.

But Ferrari is late to the SUV game.

Virtually every marque has one. Porsche, BMW, MB, Toyota, Lexus Jaguar, Audi, Range Rover, Ford, GM etc etc

I’m not sure how spending time and manpower to develop a car which is so far from the core competency helps the core products.

A better way to make money is to simply sell a few more of the cars which already have a long waiting list.

Making a turbo SUV makes little sense to me. A hybrid electric I can see the vision in that. If Electric turns out to be the future, which spread to be the case, Ignoring this technology would prove to be a mistake. Of course, not a fatal one, Ferrari would just have to play catch up which I’m sure they can play well given that this is a company which in business and engineering is as availed as the cars they produce.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  23. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Maybe something off the awd lusso chassis? Add rear suicide doors and raise suspension? Its either something like that or a traditional suv but maybe only a 2 door w hatchback? there are only so many ways to skin the suv cat. Is ferrari the company that will invent the 1st brand new vehicle platform since the minivan? maybe but I dont think so.

uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Since both vehicles spin their wheels it's a matter of traction, not power. Also it seems that the Toyota had it's TC system activate, the effect being obvious in the way the wheels spun intermittently.

Totally agree on the FUV/SUV though!

25. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The next time you go to an auto show, check out the SUVs on display.
    You will get an idea of what the average SUV customer wants and expects.
    Luxury and hospitality. Think the day spa at your local Four Seasons Hotel
    Deeply padded leather seats with 18 levels of electric adjustments. All individually heated and cooled A must have option is the Shiatzu massage with 16 programmabl modes including the Chi stones. 12 cup holders, two for each passenger, and in different sizes to hold warm drinks and also the ubiquitous huge soda, each with dedicated heating and cooling.

HVAC controls at each seat. Multimedia systems for every passenger, replete with usb sockets and wireless charging pads, and of course Wifi too. Dimmable and fully adjustable courtesy lighting for each passenger. Electrically aactivated Window shades for privacy.

And the dimensions of interior compartmentis of a modern SUV is absolutely ginourmus ( Yes that’s a real word, Trump uses it all the time) I got lost one time inside a friends SUV when I was given a ride back from their kids soccer game.
    Palatial head room. Aero and the coefficient of drag be damned.

Electrically folding passenger seating with addition rear facing seats at the aft compartment for the family dogs.

I hope Ferrari knows their SUV market. On second thought maybe they do. A Ferrari optioned as above would probably cost a fortune.

uhn2000 likes this.