The Purosangue Thread | Page 65 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Trust, but verify :D

MDEL, Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Really? Ever compare an F50 4.7L to the 812's 6.5L, seems like there is a notable size difference...I was not considering 'just any engine block' from any source.

Look at the engine dimensions from the back catalog.

Anyway, the only displacement rumor provided (@day355) was for a larger displacement (>6.5L) and my point is there is no way that is going to fit in the bonnet of the current FUV mules (regardless of V-angle or bore/stroke). Valued contacts are indicating a V12 for the FUV, my point is, or so it seems, that only way that occurs is with an engine that is substantially smaller (in its dimensions) than the current V12 (6.5L). And, if that is what occurs, then there are at least (2) V12s being developed.

:)

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You don't think the purosangue is going to look like the Levante anyway :D !
    Dimensions close to the Lusso...

MDEL, Caeruleus11, ANOpax and 5 others like this.
  4. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I cant imagine Ferrari is working on 2 different V12s... Extremely costly thing to do! And to what market gain?

F2003-GA, dcmetro and ANOpax like this.
  5. FerrariNut45

FerrariNut45 Rookie

Nov 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    David Riley
    A V12 is going to be a mistake from a PR perspective. With climate change once again top of the agenda and investment banks and shareholders questioning Ferrari’s perceived lack of progress or need for greater progress around full electrification, launching a large capacity V12 in an SUV like body will put performance car makers right in the spotlight. A hybrid V6 would make more sense.

Alvega likes this.
  6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Ah yes, that's what makes sense for you, that Ferrari put V 6 and V 8 hybrids in all its cars, then switch to 100% electric ... Your proposal makes all Ferrari and mechanic enthusiasts dream. !!!
    I think that the gap between Ferrariste will inevitably widen in the near future, between enthusiasts of the brand of its past, of the nobility of its engines ... and those who buy an up-to-date hitech badge and who do not have never knew what a cran shaft was used for ...
    If you want next time, we put a 4 cylinder with 10 battery in it to make you dream !!!
    I'm not a fan of the FUV, but since it's there, as much as it has the best design and the best powertrain, which it will be.
    Hybrid ****s you will be able to drink until indigestion in no time!
    Pffff....

Picchu88, NA_V12, MDEL and 8 others like this.
  7. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    #1607 ANOpax, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    There are plenty of people who understand that the climate change agenda is all about taxation and control and has nothing to do with saving the planet. Less than 6% of global CO2 emissions come from private cars so the vilification of the automobile is the wrong place to start if saving the plant is the genuine objective. If government and society are really serious about CO2 emissions then we would be having a grown up discussion about building construction standards and population control instead of virtue signalling with EV legislation and ownership.

(And remember that EV's don't eliminate CO2, they merely move the location at which the CO2 is produced, and in some places, need to be driven over 78,000miles before emitting less CO2 than a petrol car according to this analysis reported on by Reuters https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/when-do-electric-vehicles-become-cleaner-than-gasoline-cars-2021-06-29/ )

Picchu88, MrFloppi, NA_V12 and 19 others like this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +100
    Post of the day.

9. FerrariNut45

FerrariNut45 Rookie

Nov 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    David Riley
    Lots of understandable emotion here and I too am an enthusiast, with a love and passion for big ICEs. Putting all that aside and whether we believe cars are a big or small part of the climate change challenge is largely irrelevant. The facts are that governments around the world have decided that the ICE is partly to blame for climate change and that electric vehicles are the way to go (again regardless of science etc). My thought therefore was that it’s potentially bad timing to be launching a v12 SUV at a time when the money markets are also focusing on more “sustainable”investments and public opinion is turning against fossil fuels and vehicles powered by them. Also shareholders are asking questions (listen to the latest earnings call and the focus on electrification strategy) about when Ferrari will start the transition. So launching a v12 suv may end up being received negatively.

Finally, I was merely joining a conversation and providing a viewpoint that was not in any way meant to upset people, the reaction by some seems to lack some balance.

Alvega and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. FerrariNut45

FerrariNut45 Rookie

Nov 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    David Riley
    A very good post. The problem is that governments, legislators and to a large degree the general public believe that electric vehicles are the way to go and better for the environment. Important to keep trying to educate people though.

MDEL, ANOpax and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #1611 day355, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    I am an enthusiast.
    Currency markets, politics, public opinion ... I don't care what they think, to be polite. I'm going to enjoy the NA as long as possible WHETHER THEY'RE HAPPY OR NOT !!!
    I don't get up in the morning wondering if it pleases the market or the politicians that I start my V 12 ...
    Ferrari will not survive full electrification, and will it appeal to the market?
    And you know what, it will be better this way!

Caeruleus11, KenU, italiafan and 2 others like this.
  12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I guess the V12 is for making the idea of a SUV more palatable for the old customers and those who are in the SUV thing just for the show. And the hybrid turbo for the biggest part of the sales.

13. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Exactly, and to propose a continuation after the 2+2 family (that had been transformed through the last models).

Caeruleus11, MDEL and DeSoto like this.
  14. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    They are basiclly taking the V12 & V8TT configuration model that was used with the Lusso range and continuing it with the FUV I think its a great plan covers alot more bases for at least the next 3 - 5 years anyway.

Caeruleus11, MDEL, Ferro458 and 3 others like this.
  15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    what part of Lusso was build with V12 and V8?

16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The GTC4 Lusso has a V12.
    The GTC4 Lusso T has a V8.

Ferro458 likes this.
  17. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Yes this is indeed very true... and it's been shown as well in major cities where while strict pandemic restrictions the air quality only improved marginally. So no cars around -> No real change uh ?
    Add to this the geographical aspect (Germany for example contributes to a whooping 2 % of the global world CO2 output), so even if somehow we managed to remove ALL petrol cars/trucks and replace them with something producing 0 emissions, would have fixed 0.3 % of the problem. But as usual they aim at the money. You'll love the future taxes on e-cars, trust me :)
    A nice side effect is that cars will mainly become commodities (any hairdryer or washing machine collector around here ?) which is a decent shot in the leg for premium brands like Mercedes, BMW, Audi etc

18. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    A V12 in an SUV would be a truly awesome car and the biggest middle finger one could ever give to the woke generation. However practicality would be a nightmare as the MPG will ruin any long(er) drives. Imagine filling up this car after every 200 miles….

19. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    On that latest video, I'd have to say it's a V6 TT. As an FF owner I can safely say the engine in that particular video is not singing a V12 melody. Italian v6's do sound brilliant, see giulia quadrifoglio.

Seeing as Ferrari have just introduced a new V6 engine, it makes sense they would be using this.

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  20. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    … especially considering the Purosangue will be a « mass procured » car within the Ferrari catalog, its V6 helping to reduce the medium of CO2 per car.

But from what I remember I read in this forum the two engines for the Purosangue will be the V12 and the V8TT hybrid.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    with a 100L fuel tank, cruising in 8th gear, seems likely a range would be closer to 350miles (560km) or more..

22. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I get >500km range cruising in 7th with my FF’s 91L fuel tank…

… and that’s ‘old’ tech.

Caeruleus11, 456-boy, 350MH83 and 2 others like this.
  23. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Same! Even managed more than 600km on a single tank with my LussoV12. Yes, it was a boring drive on cruise control... But still impressive knowing it's a 6.3l petrol engine. I remember doing the math and getting 12.6l/100km. Hell, I am averaging 7.5l/100km in my 2020 330i with a 2l turbocharged petrol engine.

Caeruleus11, 456-boy and ANOpax like this.
  24. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    So far this has been my personal best on a tank of gas. But I can't drive conservatively. The V12 begs to go.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and MB224 like this.
  25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Recently did an ~700 mile road trip in my 812SF, stopped for gas once.

Caeruleus11, 350MH83 and MB224 like this.