The Purosangue Thread | Page 68 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yessss !!!:D

MDEL, Caeruleus11 and ForeverCar like this.
  2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes it’s “No?” LOL :D

MDEL, 456-boy and ForeverCar like this.
  3. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Let me know if I’m wrong, but I think it’s the first time we see a Purosangue mule with these front lights covers! They are not the original Levante front lights.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I absolutely have no idea when these and where these pics have been taken; it’s from an IG post from last Monday.

These front lights remind me one of the Portofino M mule once spotted with Roma like front lights.

WilliamB and italiafan like this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know it's only a still photo, but the body lean in that center left photo is extreme.

5. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    looks like this in Roma

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If it is not a high riding SUV type vehicle, then is this just a new Lusso with 4 doors? If so, seems it will not enjoy the high volumes the SUV type exotics are receiving...

7. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The ground clearance will be higher than the Lusso, but will certainly be lower than a Range Rover. To me simply making a 4 doors Lusso makes no sens and won’t be enough to enter the SUV segment.

8. NA_V12

NA_V12 Rookie

Aug 1, 2021
    FL, USA
    If this is the case, many, along with myself, would be very much interested in getting as a daily driver. Kind of like RS6 Avant, E63 AMG S Wagon, and Panamera Sport Turismo.

Bobby_P, italiafan and JTSE30 like this.
  9. K8M

K8M Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    KM
    I think @Marcel Massini indicated elsewhere that it will be a very high end SUV, pitched at a level similar to the Rolls Royce Cullinan.

I have also heard from my dealer that it will be a high end SUV, positioned well above the Lamborghini Urus.

Judging from comments on other threads, the top end model will sport a NA V12. This would be a good way to help bring on board purists who are not yet sold on an FUV.

A hybrid V8 would be the "budget" model, but it will still be priced much higher than the Urus. That to me would make good marketing and branding sense.

In short, it will be a very expensive daily driver. But it will still sell like hotcakes.

Great engineering, a Ferrari shield, 4 comfortable seats so you can be behind the wheel and share an exhilarating and yet comfortable Ferrari experience with family and friends. What's not to love?!

Thelovelyrock18 and 456-boy like this.
  10. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The mule on these pictures was spotted in Germany last March for the first time (post nr. 1410)

456-boy likes this.
  12. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I didn’t recall this mule, many thanks for the reminder @MDEL :)

MDEL likes this.
  13. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I would be surprised if the FUV, which is supposed to be a higher volume model, comes with a V12 option. My guess is it will have the SF90 V8 hybrid and 296 GTB V6 Hybrid powertrains but in detuned specs. I can't think of another reason why the FUV has been delayed so much if not to await the launch of SF90 and 296 GTBs first.

14. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Having the Purosangue with the V12 is the logical successor of the GTC4 Lusso, and will fulfill a segment where « purists » will go (Ferrari = NA V12).

But due to emissions stuff and so on, Ferrari will also propose the Purosangue with a smaller engine - actually they already started doing this with the GTC4 Lusso T. Time will tell if they implement the 296 V6 or the SF90 V8.

I’ll sure both V12 and a smaller engine have their proper places in the range, and will find their customers.

MDEL likes this.
  15. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I believe it has been confirmed various times by insiders that it will indeed come with a V12 engine. You are correct that it will be a higher volume model and that's why it will also be available with a smaller engine, probably coupled with some electric motors. But there will be a flagship V12 model, at a much higher price point, meaning it will also be much more expensive than a Urus. Probably starting in the 400KEuros in Europe?

MDEL and 456-boy like this.
  16. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Maybe a V12 (which is RWD only, don't see Ferrari using the faulty front gearbox again) and V6 Hybrid 4WD? Let's see. One thing that is very clear from the 296GTB pricing is that this will be more expensive than the Urus for sure.

350MH83, MDEL and 456-boy like this.
  17. Andrew97

Andrew97 Rookie

Sep 14, 2016
    @day355 do you have something to tell us about the doors? ;)

18. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I heard they will be mounted on both sides of the car and will open in a circular motion around a pivot point mounted on the car body. Cant wait to see them:D

MDEL, Andrew97 and 456-boy like this.
  19. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Sounds great! Thanks for sharing this with us:D So when is the release date? Early next year or the end of next year? :confused:

20. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The reveal of the 296 GTS/Spider should be soon, and the Icona 2 is expected end of this year. Due to this schedule it’s wise to imagine that Purosangue reveal will be first semester of 2022, in order not to release too much models at the same time - even though they are not for the same markets/segments.

Bmill and MDEL like this.
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    A great and unique car category was born in 2011 with the introduction of the FF whose successor, the GTC4, meant an improvement in every respect. Ferrari seeks originality and therefore I don't believe it will be making the mistake of making a Purosangue that is an SUV or a Cross-over. As announced the Purosangue will be an FUV meaning that is on a class of its own that can only be the continuation of the lineage that was started by the FF.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    well, if the FUV is simply a 4 door Lusso/FF successor, I presume its sales will be similar (maybe a 1000 units per year of actual demand), and nothing like an actual SUV (i.e. like the Urus - many thousand units per year)

Remember, the Lusso was often used by dealers as a requirement to order a highly desirable car (like the Pista) (just to get sales of the Lusso up over its actual demand), if the FUV is more of the same...

23. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Compared to the FF/Lusso, the Purosangue will have more volume inside and in the boot, will offer a higher ground clearance, one additional door on the side… that are criteria that will largely open the range le customers, compared to the FF/Lusso.

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    As you mentioned the Lusso is a road car for a very restricted clientele therefore the production numbers are very low. The FUV is directed to a completely different type of client that in most cases already owns an SUV and likes that concept. To meet the desires of these customers the FUV will have to be an evolution of the Lusso 4WD with more interior space, 4 doors and an adjustable suspension that enables an high and low ride . In order to be recognized as a Ferrari and differentiated from any existing SUV, despite the mentioned improvements is imperative that the FUV has a road performance similar to the one of the 4WD Lusso.

Caeruleus11 and WilliamB like this.
  25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario