The Purosangue Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Will be highest profit model, F will pump out thousands of them in many variations. Hopefully one of them will sound good.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Will the new Ferrari SUV have some serious competitors ?

The Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio and the Maserati Levante despite being Italians, having nice looks and using engines developed by Ferrari, in principle are placed in a different market segment from a Ferrari SUV. The Mercedes AMG GLC 63 S and the Bentley Bentayga apart from the fact that their looks aren't the strong part, are very different products from what we imagine will be a future sporty Ferrari SUV and therefore appeal to a different type of customer. The Porsche Cayenne turbo and the Lamborghini Urus for the moment seem to be the only serious competitor and alternatives but first we have to see the aesthetics and know the power package of the future Ferrari SUV in order to be possible to draw any comparisons.

Should the new Ferrari SUV be a FUV as the company already assured will happen, that means it will be different from anything that exists now on this high level market segment. One way or the other just the fact that the new SUV will be carrying a Ferrari badge means it will sell at the speed of light and at an high price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Mario I agree with your analysis. They are all too similar. Ferrari must be different. They walk a very high and narrow tightrope- always- and this time it will be higher and narrower. On the other hand I have to admit that Maserati is different and interesting enough and perhaps not so crazy expensive that it should be tempting to many. I know I am tempted and thats a first for a SUV!

AlfistaPortoghese, MDEL and G. Pepper like this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry I agree with you that the Maserati is singular and interesting I like it. For instance the Stelvio Quadrifoglio which has also personality, style and a better power train very much Ferrari alike, isn't crazy expensive with a fully equipped current price which is at least 50% less than what I guess the new FUV base price will be.
    After driving a SUV every day for the last twelve years I'm addicted to the concept but I'm also aware that this type of vehicles have safety limitations in terms of the maximum speed they can travel at and they aren't sports cars or even GT's in terms of road behavior. The fact they have four wheels drive and can be used in any weather conditions with total safety is very appealing to me and when I see acceleration figures like for instance the one of the Stelvio Quadrifoglio, 3,8 sec 0-100 Km, I'm convinced there aren't many cars around that can beat this SUV in acceleration when departing from a traffic light.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    dcmetro, Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Olivier you are always better informed than we mortals and I wasn't aware that this beast had already been launched. I thought that within the affordable stylish pretty italians the Stelvio Quadrifoglio was a beast but obviously I was wrong.

dcmetro likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I really love the Stelvio QF, but I think I would go with the Maserati version as I think the interior is more luxurious and I think their stying theme works better on the SUV shape. However, its the other way around for the sedans. The Guilia is so good looking and the Maseratis are OK but the Alfa is gorgeous.

MDEL likes this.
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahaha many thanks Mario

MDEL likes this.
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  18. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Ferrari is a race car company and a car maker on the side ... under 10,000 sold annually.

A SUV or Crossover, is a truck. If Ferrari makes a truck, they are no longer Ferrari. It would further drive the company down, equally or more so than the stock offering has done and will do.

The blue sweater is a short term money maker, not a long term brand strategist ... and has no loyalty to Ferrari as it has been.

Nations will see Ferrari over 10k a year, with a SUV, as a great place to make money. Currently Ferrari exists in somewhat of a graceful position.

In short ... let's hope they don't.

China is the future market Sergio sees. He's a bad leader for Ferrari as the car company we love.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  19. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    I don’t think that if they make an SUV they will suddenly forget how to make sports cars. If it is profitable, it will only help them make better sports cars. Not sure you would see the GT3RSs or GT2RSs if it weren’t for the success of the Cayenne. Future tech will require lots of R&D. A station wagon certainly didn’t hurt the brand so why would an SUV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jumpinjohn and dustman like this.
  20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This is logical and proven analogy with Porsche.
    I’d buy a ferrari suv all day.

G. Pepper and jumpinjohn like this.
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    G. Pepper likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie