The Purosangue Thread | Page 9 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I must say I'm not in love with any of the designs Mário so kindly shared with us. And that is important, because 90% of the time we first come into contact with a Ferrari, we're first and foremost visually stimulated. Only later at the turn of the key, your ears listen to the music.

Ferrari has a long way to go and I hope they get it right, once they're not leading the way in this field: the Bentayga is out there, the Levante and Stelvio QV have a very competitive cost-to-performance ratio and above all those mentioned before, the Urus is in my humble opinion, very, very interesting and stimulating. Ferrari must make something special, as the competition not only launched their products first, but also the competition has never been sharper nor broader as it is today.

I also hope Ferrari will keep production numbers under control (something I strongly suspect it won't happen, because demand is likely to be steady and strong, Ferrari is now a company listed in the stock market and the factory will steadily increase its production output), because I think this new SUV will have all the ingredients needed to depreciate big and fast otherwise.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Caeruleus11 and uhn2000 like this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I agree with you Nuno because so far none of the renderings I've seen appealed to me either at least from the point of view of the promised and expected originality. Despite not being a potential Ferrari SUV customer I confess I'm very curious to see how they'll tackle this one in a territory which isn't Ferrari's. IMO the risk is substantial because comparisons with the Maserati , the Alfa Romeo and others are inevitable. If for instance Ferrari launches a kind of GTC 4 Lusso FUV and the design will lack in originality and beauty despite of the fact that the car will sell very well it will be just one more SUV.

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I think it will sound similar to V8 lusso ...

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Bummer if it sounds like the 488.
    Maybe we get NA with hybrid assist and return to good sound.

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I think it will be that but higher off the ground and a bit more muscular looking. Like I said below I would buy one in a heartbeat, sorry :) I commend Lamborghini, first time I ever really considered their brand.

MDEL likes this.
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    350MH83 likes this.
  9. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Even if successor of 488 will have NA engine, it's hard to believe that they will put NA in SUV ...

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  11. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    I believe that, with most designs here, the roof line is low. An FUV (or SUV for that sake) likely will be higher but who knows? :)

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Each time I see a new rendering I get more confused about what the new SUV/FUV will look like. Ferrari stated that the new vehicle will be an FUV and that was understood as being a different concept from any existing SUV. Therefore I believe Ferrari will have to come up with a design that shows originality and makes the difference. That won't be an easy task but it was what Pinin Farina did for decades with many of the Ferraris he designed, therefore let's hope Flavio Manzoni will be able to follow the master's foot steps.

WilliamB and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. MAPS

MAPS Karting

Jan 13, 2017
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    Marco Silva
    #213 MAPS, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2018
    For me, whenever I see FUV immediatly associate with (excuse the language) ****ing Ugly Vehicle.

Whatever Ferrari comes up with, it will sell, and I predict even the die hard fans will buy one (that is if they want the latest "Pista-Speciale-Scuderia" cavallino) just like it happens with the Lusso nowadays and with other models in the past.

Maybe it will attract a new croud, I don't know, but what I know for sure is that the new generation of buyers will move on if the product isn't competent in its field (wich is, in my opinion, why the Cayenne thrives on the ranks). IMHO, the competition is fierce and well established and the brand's image won't suffice to make it a best-seller. As with any brand that wants to grow substantially (as what seems to be the case, since they went public) its after sale service must conform accordingly being fast and effective. Are they now?

Just my 2 cents...

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  16. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    99% of all these renders give me a migraine :confused:

G. Pepper, R J, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Me too, but I pretty like the gullwing sedan

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Fortunately I think Ferrari's designers are far far far better than the renderings, fascinating as they are. I'm very curious to see what Ferrari comes up with.

WilliamB and MDEL like this.
  19. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Very fast sports cars and GT’s that’s what Ferrari is well known for and through the years it has gained the reputation of being number one is this specialized art. Some Ferrari Shooting Brakes and Sports Wagons have been made in different times and for special clients, and some of them even carry the signatures of Vignale and Pininfarina. Below are some pictures of these rather strange vehicles which we could say are a kind of ancestors of the modern SUV. The majority of these cars look very ugly and from an aesthetic point of view, at least, the impression I have is that they don’t fit at all within the Ferrari family of cars.
    When the Ferrari FF was launched and I presume due to the fact that the car design was a kind of new concept, several well know motoring journalists and magazines named it a Shooting Brake. If the FF is in fact a Shooting Brake like some of these gurus said, no doubt it was the first Ferrari of that particular family which didn’t look ugly like it’s predecessors, on the contrary, is rather good looking.
    Recently Ferrari tried to convince us that the new car won’t be an SUV but definitely an FUV however two things could happen. If the design will stand for it’s originality of lines and good looks then the car is definitely an FUV. If that’s not the case we will be busy trying to find out if Flavio Manzoni's new baby is an SUV, an Shooting Brake or even a Sports Wagon.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP, G. Pepper, otakki and 2 others like this.
  21. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Was the Venice the only genuine Ferrari 4door??

SV

22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The 456 Venice station with four doors I presume was the only station car type ever built by Ferrari. Apparently it was commissioned to Pininfarina by the Sultan's of Brunei brother and six were built with a cost around $1,5 million each. Before that in 1980 a single unit of a four doors sedan named Ferrari Pinin was built but the car never went into production. As far as I know no other four door cars have been built by Ferrari.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice history Mario. The 456 Venice is pretty sharp!

G. Pepper, MDEL and tomc like this.
  24. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agreed. That's my ultimate Ferrari. A V12 with enough space to hold almost all the wife's crap on a road trip! It's also a lot more handsome than the other shooting brake designs IMO...T

G. Pepper, Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario