The Purosangue Thread | Page 97 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Grigio Silverstone over Cuoio. Yellow calipers to match the shields. I'd pay $375k for that if it seats 5.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Maggio23 and ScottS like this.
  2. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Well he said it with more authority than me! :)

italiafan likes this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I’d go Blu Abu Dhabi, no shields, gold calipers :).

Magnus Kanerfalk and Moopz like this.
  4. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Assuming this is legit here are some fast takes:

1. I like Ingenere’s design much better. His was sharper, sportier, more aggressive, created desire. From these pics … not so much.
    2. SF90 F1 derived blade front … erm … perhaps not the most fitting solution.
    3. Wow, the solution for where the hood meets the rest of the body contour is SUPER AWKWARD! Is that REALLY the best solution a room full of Ferrari designers could come up with?!
    4. Those wheels do the vehicle no favors. They look lifted from a Subaru.
    5. The rear design … a 296 that ate too many cheeseburgers … uninspiring.
    6. With all that being said … hopefully with the benefit of a full reveal, a proper side view, different rims and the right spec … maybe … maybe it rises to being desirable.
    7. Ferrari should just out with it at this point before they start losing deposits.

5. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    The back is not bad, the front nah, however I would've like a much more radical design.

And yes it will sell a lot. After more than 25 years of the limited-production Aixam Mega Track we see a proper V12 SUV. And with a proper price of US$499,999. :D

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

This is actually somewhat of a big day for you Mario.
    Thanks for ~4+ years of faithfully tracking this horse!

MDEL, 456-boy and ingegnere like this.
  7. Deejrc

Deejrc Rookie

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    D J RC
    I can confidently predict that I absolutely won’t be selling my F12 for a Purothing.
    Good grief but that is gopping.

You would have to be an absolute moron to buy one of those!

Jordan68 likes this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Image Unavailable, Please Login

FerRrari likes this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    And that's before SUV orders hit the books. Quality and quantity always play well together don't they. . .

10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I agree. :)

The shape in the fender is weird, but I also think that the hood hinges forward and is not fully closed. I hope.

I like the shape in the door—looks like the 296.

Yes. Too plain. Too whimpy.
    Still better than Lambo, so pretty sure they’ll sell them all. Will sell better than, say, FF or Lusso, because those were perceived by some as hatchbacks and/or not practical, though I much prefer the FF over this.

11. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I think it's the angle. Maybe it has been mentioned here before but it looks like a pass-through for air, possibly pushing the front down more. Similar to the flying buttress of the 599.

12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    There seems to be an opening in the hood so like the F12 flow-through.

MDEL, jpalmito and Moopz like this.
  13. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    I am talking about SF not GTS on the 812...GTS maybe, but again in the UK they just trade around list ....SF90 if that would be the case then wouldn't be second had values sky rock?? At least in the UK they are dropping, already about 20 below list for high spec'd models...also first cars arrived in March 2021 and now you already can't order the coupes

you also referred to only 2 of the 4 models I referenced....I don't know how it is in the US but values of Romas are dropping and I don't think the wait list is super long....296 many people are in wait and see mode until they drive it

so hold your horses with the type of statements you make

14. Nefarious

Nefarious Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    So many of these posts are making design concessions in anticipation of a new mini v12 powerplant. What happens if a v12 isn't offered?

I find it difficult to believe that corporate Ferrari would spend a ton of cash creating a new v12 engine when they already have so many powerful, off the shelf ones to choose from. I could be wrong, but if I was interested in maximizing profits, I sure wouldn't be spending tons of cash R&Ding a new engine. Previous posts have acknowledged the fact that Ferrari is booked solid with orders and has no problems selling what they already have.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Well, Marcel already contradicted your points by stating that there 27,000 orders in place and so books closed on several models. Here in the US there are long waits for Roma and Portofino M. 812SF closed, GTS closed, SF90 closed, 18 months for Portofino M, well over a year for Roma. I am told at our dealership the waiting list for 296 is already over 30 deep.

16. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

If that is the real design, i'm embarrassed for them. That's truly awful.

Enzo Belair likes this.
  17. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Or something also « inspired » from the 456?

isot, crinoid, ingegnere and 3 others like this.
  18. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Every car you mentioned other than 296 (of which there are none yet) are selling for over MSRP in the US. $150-200K over in the case of the GTS and SF90.

There is not a single Porto M for sale in the US today.

Even the 812SF prices are on the rise.

I guess you're just going to have to trust me that I have more intimate knowledge of the situation than you. The only horses I have to hold are cavallinos.

ingegnere likes this.
  19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The car is not particularly adventurous from a styling point, but keep in mind what it competes against: Cullinan, Bentayga, Urus, one of which looks like a shoe and the other two are re-bodied Audis. It is even better looking than the Aston and carries a Ferrari badge. I am also certain it will perform on a completely different level.

I think it will sell like hot cakes, especially as a V12. Not necessarily an image associated with Ferrari, but it can transform the company financially and that is what any shareholder cares about

Don’t read into this that I am in love with it. However as a V12 I would have one for sure

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    All of the SUV's you listed above look better than what is pictured. Moreover Ferrari makes plenty of money today and doesn't need an SUV but they figure they will do a money grab as usual.

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You prefer the Puro looks to the Aston ?

22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    italiafan, ANOpax, MDEL and 3 others like this.
  23. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

The Cullinan, Bentayga, Urus and Aston all look better that this disgrace, Not a single styling cue on this leaked image looks good.

24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I know this is all subjective however I do not agree with you.
    The Cullinan looks like satire and the Lambo Ureter is just silly. The Puro is better than these probably just barely.

fil, Almost Interesting and ingegnere like this.
  25. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Agreed. The Rolls and Bentley are comical. Aston is ok but front end is weak. They nailed the rear, which the Ferrari resembles.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

crinoid likes this.