Sweet Home Chicago | FerrariChat

Sweet Home Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Texas Forever, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hi all, I'm going to be in Chicago next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I'll be speaking on Monday and Wednesday. But I'll have most of Tuesday off. Any tips on Ferrari shops to see? Plus, I'll be staying at the Hard Rock and wouldn't mind seeing some blues on Tuesday evening. Any suggestions?

Thx, DrTax

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Buddy Guy has a club.......

3. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ask the conciare at the Hard Rock, i am sure they would know some good Blues places to go to. I know there are a bunch of blues places in the city, as you can see, i am a suburbanite, the only time i go into the city is with someone from there... ;)

You can always take a drive up to Lake Bluff (North of the city) and check out the new facility of Lake Forest Sports cars, it's suppose to be real nice, i haven't gotten up there yet, hope to soon. They have a nice big showroom from what i hear full of Ferraris... There is also Continental Sportscars, the other Ferrari dealer in Hinsdale, south-west of the city. They have a small place, but nice. I would say you can go back into the service department and say hi to my car, but i am HOPING to get it back tomorrow..... :)

Here is my 2 cents.......

Oh, just found these, places i've been downtown....

Kingston Mines and House of Blues. Both really good Blues bands there. Haven't been to them in a while though, i'm sure the house of blues is still there, not sure about Kingston mines...

http://www.hob.com

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If you like to meet for lunch on any of those days, we could do that downtown.

Ferrari shops? Hmm, only my apartment comes to my mind. You're in the wrong town for that. The two dealers are in the burbs.

5. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Howza bout Tuesday? I'm speaking all day Monday and from Noon to 4 on Wednesday, after which I'll need to boogie to O Hare to fly home.

I'll PM you my cell.

Thx, Dale

6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Do you know where? Not that Buddy Guy would be hard to find.

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Dale

8. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey DrTax:

Buddy Guy's Legends
    754 S. Wabash
    312-427-0333

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    If you're lucky, Buddy may be performing the night you go.

I've seen him there a number of times.

Also, Kingston Mines IS still around.

10. Dont forget to hitup downtown check out Gold Coast Bentley on N Rush and some nice resturants.

11. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just curious Dale, on what topic are you speaking?

My office is down in the loop. I wish I could invite myself so I could join you and Andreas for lunch on Tuesday, or meet up for dinner. Unfortunately I have an arbitration lasting most of next week which will be all consuming. Bummer.

Enjoy the Windy City!

Regards, Mike

12. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    The couple of times I've been to Buddy's, he is sitting at the bar.
    Just belly up and say hi... he has always been very nice.

13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Mid-Market Mergers and Acquisitions. But if you can break free, pls do so. Geeze can't imagine an that it would take a week for each side to say fuk u several times. :)

Dale

ps I'll be at the Hard Rock, you can leave a message there
    cell = 281-615-0357

14. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LOL, that's both very funny and sadly very true. Don't get me started! As you know, it often takes months --in the context of a trial -- to say fuk u over and over again. I've had more than a few of those protracted, time wasting, capital dissipating, and emotion draining contests over the years. An arbitration typically abreviates the pissing contest.

Not to wax philosophical but one of these days I'm going to get out but first I need to...get out! I've unwittingly built a prison while building a business. :) Take care.

Regards, Mike

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oops, forgot that one. True, you should make an effort to visit that place. It is IMHO the most beautiful exotic car dealer shop I've ever seen anywhere. More like a museum or palace. They're roughly on Rush and Chicago (actually one block north).

Also there is a restaurant in town called "Ferrari", but it sucks and they have no appreciation of the cars. Just use the name. Somebody should sue these bastards.

Anyway, I'll give you a buzz. Tuesday lunch sounds great.

16. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Wish I could join you guys.

I spoke to my doctor yesterday, and it looks like I'll probably be in the hospital. :(

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Buddy Guy jus' sittin' around...that's awesome!

He played the IFest here and went thru the crowd playin'!
    Legend was he used to use a 100' cord, he's wireless now!!!! lol

Walked right by me, so I patted his shoulder. I have a copy of Living Blues Magazine with him on the cover, with a 328GTS. He's a Ferrari guy! Or was, anyway.

I wish I could have gotten him to sign that, he's one of the last of the old time guys, IMO.

If I was in ChiTown I think I'd be looking for Chelle!! ;)

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    d@mn, darolls, sorry to hear that!

you gonna be OK???

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Skip,keep us posted,buddy,(speaking of 'Buddy's' :) )

Yes,"Buddy Guys Legends" is a great place to see the Blues up close and personal. Good Food there,too. So,you should plan to eat some Genuine BBQ or Soul Food there. (It IS good!:) )

The Rolling Stones stop in for impromptu Jam sessions when they are in Town. Other great Guitarists,(Eric Clapton,too.)

Been there dozens of times,being an ex Guitar Slinger meself....:)

Also,there is the "House of Blues" on Dearborn,just North of the Chicago River,(at Marina Towers) and just a couple doors South of "Harry Caray's". H.O.B. also has a good Restaraunt with Blues Bands playing,and Headline acts upstairs in the Concert Hall. One of THE best,and closest places to see National Acts in Chicago. The Late,Great, Ray Charles used to play there the past couple of Augusts. But,they have everything. R&B,Heavy Metal,Rock & Roll,Soul,and,even Blues. But,the Band in the Restaraunt is always a Blues Band.

If you were have to stayed at the H.O.B. Hotel,which is right there,they give you "Perks" for the Restaraunt and Shows. Check their website to see who is playing. They usually have shows all week/weekend long...

20. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dale: Go to the Pump House for a drink, bask in the history. Sometimes they have music. Then off to the current "in" place.

21. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dale: Try the pump house for a drink and a history lesson, filled with nostalgia.

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Do You mean,"The Pump Room"?

23. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks all, see u soon. Dale

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Have you been to Chicago before? We have some pretty darn good food here,too. A little bit of everything. Don't forget Chicago Style Pizza,Chicago Style HotDogs,Italian Beef,etc...Chicago BBQ. A little different than Texas BBQ. I go out to Phoenix alot,and like the "SouthWest style" BBQ,too.(Beef Ribs,Brisket,etc... Chicago is mainly Pork BBQ)

Also,with all of the diverse Ethnic Neighborhoods here,you can find just about any type of Food in the World here. Nice scenery,too. Check out Navy Pier,and some of the Museums. Take a Lakefront Boat Cruise. (Bring along your Camera)

If you have a wife or special Lady,she'll LOVE Michigan Av.....(Hold onto the Credit cards,though....:) )

Lots of great Nightlife,too,if thats what you're looking for.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dr Tax,

was great meeting you. I could have gone forever talking to you. Hope to see you again at Monterey!

How was Gold Coast Bentley?