Tailor Made 812 Superfast | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Tailor Made 812 Superfast

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by markmoon, Jul 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    And bizarrely on one spec on my tdf, we had to abort as beige or cuoio alcantara, or perhaps both, were not homologated for airbags.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I posted it in the Tdf thread !

... The moment I read the description I had to find the pic !

I really really want to see Ian's car finished

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Amazing spec Congrats and Enjoy in good health:)

4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

Congrats ! Beautiful colour combo and perfect choice with the painted shields! Bravo!!

5. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Wow, that's interesting. Didn't know that, but now that you mention it, it makes sense. Especially on a critical component such as a brake calliper. Mind you, it still begs the question of why Ferrari haven't sorted out the slight mismatch of the yellows themselves.

6. Gene Dongieux

Gene Dongieux Rookie

May 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gene Dongieux

Do you think the 812 will be the last naturally aspirated V12?

7. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Hey Mark,

Congratulations on your TM 812, I remember you and I had the F12 a couple of years ago on order and since yours was TM it took much longer and we chatted about it. And now you have done another TM in the 812 - we’ll done. The irony is that I too have an 812 coming in along with yours I need to ask you that I’m thinking TM for my future Ferrari. What are the quirks and on an average how much more does it cost for TM based on your config as I understand everyone has different choices and costs vary. You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks and congrats again!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hey Mark What’s the ETA on your 812 :)

9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Mark! I love that ! Proper bespoke look - the essence of TM- bellisimo

10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Too true Tim - had the same choice with mine but A) not bothered and B) not fluid enough

11. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    C. This is a regular production car not an LE or special series....

JagShergill likes this.
  12. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Stunning car. Love the painted shields. That is a must have option when I get mine.

13. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Gorgeous spec. Congrats!

14. Tarheel

Tarheel Rookie

Feb 7, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Full Name:
    Ritch
    As a UNC grad, I love the color and the name. Congratulations. Makes me want to swap my Blu America F12 in for an 812 just like yours.

15. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Beautiful. If I get my allocation confirmed for 812 GTS, I too plan to go for TM. Looking for ideas here.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Do you have any particular paint colors in mind? However getting a tailor made build has become difficult. The number of builds available is limited and can slow the delivery of your Ferrari for an extra six months or even a whole year or more depending on how complicated the build spec is. Ferrari is trying to limit the tailor made access to the most exotic examples and focus more on the atelier build choices for more conventional option specs. It depends where you live but some markets in Europe like Belgium have more tailor made cars than many other markets. Canada has only had two tailor made builds in the last two years locally...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    I am in US. Local dealer says there are open spots available for TM.

I have 2 to 3 colors in mind. Mainly going for a sporty exterior and luxurious interior.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That is great news if you can do a tailor made appointment. The reds are 'sporty' and it really comes down to personal preferences as to what would work for you. The tm choices are vast so it is useful to go in there with some sort of plan as your head will spin with the number of possibilities you will encounter. One neat detail possible is a small carrying case for the owner's manuals done in the same material as the seats are covered with. Check out 'Count Prestige' leather in another thread here from the tm exclusive choices.

gowthamn likes this.
  19. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Yes, I heard there are too many options. Yours was scuderia, classica or inedita?
    I found one design online with colored carbon:

https://**********.com/p/the-most-highly-customized-ferrari-FLsHP58gQqmg4erTii82kw?iid=GxDRHkWARzCKp6O644qi2g

Seems to be good.

Also like the contrast highlights here, but not the exact color.

I am first hoping to confirm an allocation.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

tickerhound and of2worlds like this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The tailor made leather thread I brought back to the top for you to check out in the V12 FF F12 812 section here.

gowthamn likes this.
  21. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    US customers now can have their session at new TM showroom in NY.....no need to go to Maranello anymore
    I visited it in December and I was impressed. Practically the clone......on top lovely and qualified staff
    Yes, in EU TM session now are very limited....normally 2 for each dealer per year but big dealers have more

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Question. A pretty well optioned 812 is mid 4’s but what would it be through TM. I know that may be a silly question as options are almost limitless but assuming someone wanted better leather, paint etc but nothing outrageous. Gut on how much more it would be?

23. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm not understanding the big ordeal over tailor made. I must be missing something.

Tailor made = atelier + trip to Italy , no?

Ok maybe one can only spec out a custom exterior color during tailor made but all else , even leathers should be doable at atelier , no?

So outside of the fun of going to the factory and spec'ing the car , why else tailor made? are there special features or things you can order only doing tailor made?

24. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Someone described it nicely that atelier can do 90% of the things but some clients need TM to achieve 100% of their vision.
    TM has more fabric, more paint, additional materials, more customization possible.
    I’d say the biggest benefit is access to the TM design team that can guide the process of realizing the vision.
    I’m a fan.

25. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'd be drooling at that sample wall for hours. Not sure if I could actually settle on one colour, I might loose sleep for the rest of my life.