Take my Mondial through a car wash ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Take my Mondial through a car wash ?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by TOM B, Jan 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    You'll love the Mini; it's a go cart similar to my Europa. It will out corner the Ferrari easily and you can even stuff small children in the back. It may be quicker although it won't be faster. Funny though; my next toy is likely to be a Mondial as I want 4 seats! LOL

Ken

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The link I posted above shows a new system that makes the carwash safe in that it prevents ruining of wheels, tires or undercarriage. Leaking is another issue.

3. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Ken,
    I am really looking forward to it. Having driven both the manual and automatic S, I know i'll have a blast. As for the Ferrari being faster...may be...but the MINI has enough oomph to keep me amused. :)

Tom

4. rob2360

rob2360 Rookie

Mar 15, 2005
    Bournemouth, UK
    As a Mondial T owner I would strongly advise you don't, under any circumstances. Take a look at the hood (or bonnet as we Brit's call it) - see those grilles across it - look through them - what do you see? The battery. Now then, any guesses what happens when water pours through the grilles? Yep, it lands on the battery, will 'short' it and the battery will then not hold charge. How do I know? It's happened twice to me... It rains a lot in the UK and the same effect happens.
    On another note, the Mondial has plenty of areas where water will 'pool' (e.g. the gulley between the trunk lid and the trunk) and unless you dry it out thoroughly it'll stay there to feed tin worms...
    As with all Ferrari's - wash it by hand with a 'moist' sponge and chamois off afterwards.

5. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth

6. rob2360

rob2360 Rookie

Mar 15, 2005
    Bournemouth, UK