Tameo built Formula 1 cars? | FerrariChat

Tameo built Formula 1 cars?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by SSNISTR, Jun 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    #1 SSNISTR, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Defiantly recommendable!

wolfman

3. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    That is what I was hoping. I found a few more on Ebay, they look VERY nice and are almost all under $200.

4. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    When Tameo started producing factory built F1 models, the first series were not all that good.
    But Tameo quality has changed from good to exceptional.
    However, I also like to built my own, preferable the open versions.

wolfman

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    #5 SSNISTR, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    How long ago are you talking? I found some from about 3 years ago that look very nice. The newer ones are made in the same factory as the built Make Ups are. That could explain the high quality.

6. wmcot

wmcot Rookie

Jan 26, 2008
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have several of their models and I would rate them a little above BBR. The quality of the finish and the level of detail is superb. I have the 1987 Berger F1-87 and it appeared at first to have a couple of spots that were missing red paint. A little closer examination, and I realized that the "spots" were the rivets in the body of the original car - very nice!

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    That factory also makes Looksmart, wich I think are better quality than BBR now. The paint finish is not so thick like on the BBR's. Strange about Tameo, they use metal on their kits and resin on the builtups. It helps when shipping the builts, otherwise they would get destroyed if they were metal during shipping.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011 model contest-Chicago April 2011

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I had no idea that was the case. I have both resin and metal 1:43 models and IMO are both great materials.