Tamiya Ferrari Enzo 1/12...what do u like or dislike ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tamiya Ferrari Enzo 1/12...what do u like or dislike ?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F430-Monza, Oct 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Volks

Volks Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    #26 Volks, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry for not being clear with my wording. Herewith a picture to visualise my broken hinges. I have broken these parts and not those on the engine cover. I'd guess a picture speaks a thousand words...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Ah, now I see, sorry about that. This is different from my problem. So you broke the hook tabs?

3. Volks

Volks Karting

Sep 22, 2004
    Yap, both of them...... While the hinges on the cover are ok

4. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Poor quality all the way, biggest waste of money!!!! Pulled it out the box and it nearly flew over my shoulder it's that light. Regardless being plastic, i had 4 plastic bits that had snapped off from around the brake/suspension area. Putting together was a joke, front of the bonnet sticks up about 2-3mm therefore never looks closed. Also the rear tailgate doesnt seem to fit into the hinges properly, when the boot is lifted, it flops around and can be shaken from side to side etc. One of the silver tailpipes was also lying in the box.

Most expensive of the 9 1/12th cars i have and by far the crappest. Looks good with the rest but cant help but think its a complete waste of dosh.......

Just spoke to the supplier and he's taking it back. it's not so much the parts falling off but the fact that the bonnet does not shut fully (protudes upwards about 2mm). All i want is really for it to look damn hot on the shelf but I cant help but prefer the murcielago and for half the price, its well better in quality and looks.

Regards,

Matthew

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Just got mine. One word: Junk.

Compared to the F-50 and F-40 releases, this model is junk. The parts don't fit well together for starters, resulting in having to bend pieces (i'e front nose spoiler) to get it to fit. Screws don't line up with the holes very well.

The doors feel like they're going to break off to open. The engine cover on mine either has to snap in place and not open, or if it is to be opened (which id doesn't open far enough IMHO), it doesn't line up properly to close.

Pure junk. Might as well keep it..

6. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    And to think I was contimlating a purchase of this model. I guess I'll be steering clear of it.

7. joesimtek

joesimtek Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    I purchased mine two weeks ago and it's still sitting on my living floor in the original packaging. I've been reading too many complaints on this and other websites so I've been thinking of returning it.
    The model on display at Exoticar in Beverly Hills looked really good. The body looked tight all around, the doors sprung open really smooth.
    I was told by the salesperson that there are only going to be 400 (399?) of these things sold. I haven't been able to confirm that; do any of you know if that's true? He also told me that the red F50 had been selling for a thousand dollars at one point. I think that is true but only before a second release of the yellow edition and also an incorrect red color in the original release.

So take it back you think?

8. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    I had the intention to buy one, but after all that I have read here I'm glad I didn't. I guess I'll wait for Kyoso or Exoto to bring out an Enzo. I really do hope you guys get your examples fixed properly!

9. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I saw one displayed at my shop, and the fuelfillercap was missing. To me that is a big deal for a approx. 450 dollar model.

10. joesimtek

joesimtek Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Uhhhhh, ok chalk up another one to broken engine cover hinges.
    Volks - I pushed in (down) both forward "hook tabs" as someone called them.
    I can't really tell from your picture but it looks like you broke the rear tabs?
    I was being pretty careful myself. Tamiya's assembly destructions, er, instructions suck; no cautions, tips, hints, nothing, just "direction" arrows.
    I don't see how this part can be replaced.
    Like Mattyhouse my engine cover flops around as well.

Looks like a mini class-action lawsuit is brewing...

11. recca7

recca7 Rookie

Nov 8, 2004
    just curious on the ranking how would you guys rank these companies, bbr, kyosho, exoto, autoart??for diecast models, i know autoart doesn't make ferraris but they're models are pretty detailed as well so i just want to see where you guys would place them at, cause i was gonna get the 1/12 tamiya but luckily i read your post and you guys convinced me to wait for a better one...i really wanted it but i never knew that assembling it would be so difficult, i thought it'd be simple..anyways i really want a 1/12 enzo and if you guys think kyosho is the best i might as well wait for that one..thanks for saving me from blowing my money away

12. noelsairplanes

noelsairplanes Karting
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2004
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Hello fellow Tamiya Enzo owners. I,ve been watching this discussion since it's beginning and I have a couple of comments. First, I do agree with most of you and would have preferred the model be all die-cast metal components. Secondly, I must have been one of the few lucky purchasers because my model assembled with no problems at all. I must admit I was a bit nervous when snapping the engine cover into it's hinges but again, I had no problems.
    Model shows beautifully and all painted body components, both plastic and metal match perfectly.

13. recca7

recca7 Rookie

Nov 8, 2004
    hahaha dang now you made me want to get it again...any news on kyosho's 1/12 scale ferrari enzo?