Tan Brown Metallic Paint Code Help? | FerrariChat

Tan Brown Metallic Paint Code Help?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dukeoflondon, Dec 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dukeoflondon

dukeoflondon Rookie

Mar 31, 2022
    London
    Full Name:
    Merlin McCormack
    Hi all,

I have fallen in love with the colour seemingly called “Tan Brown Metallic” and want to paint one of my Ferraris this colour.

As far as I can see, after losing hours of my life on google(!), this colour was used on 2x 70th anniversary cars, a UK based 488 spider and a US F12, both known as “The Tartan” (presumably given their matching tartan interiors).

The 488:
    https://www.tomhartley.com/used-car-details/used-ferrari-488-spider-70th-anniversary-edition-convertible-dark-brown-metallic-automatic-petrol/id-62196839574/

The F12:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CmLEqHXudoP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The instagram caption of the F12 states it is “Marrone Metallizzato” but that’s a much less bronze, more dull colour (I have already had a spray out of this done).

I am looking for a paint code for this “Tan Brown Metallic” colour or any help please.

Many thanks in advance for any help - it will be gratefully received!

Wishing you all the best for 2023.

Duke

-K1- likes this.
  2. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  3. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  4. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  5. eaf124

eaf124 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 25, 2015
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Field
  6. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #7 dcmetro, Jan 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    Merlin, congrats that's a great choice , I also fell in love with brown Ferrari colors

I made some research about those in the past, and the paint name "Marrone metallizzato" seems to be the name of different shades

I'm almost sure the 488 is painted in a different color than the Tartan F12's

The paint on the 488 represent the absolute perfection when it comes to Ferrari brown IMO, I would have taken it for a 812 GTS with a nasty upper quality tan leather

There's a 812 (Pic at the bottom) in a brown color I also love, impossible to have the official name

It reminds me a lot of a BMW color called "Marrakesh Brown" (See the M3 below )

The "tartan" brown seem to be more "Chocolate" and less "Bronze" than the 488

I'll dig my archives today and will come up if I find something

Happy new Ferrari year everyone

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login