TArse banned---------- | Page 3 | FerrariChat

TArse banned----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Paul,

I think more people will join or return than leave as a result of this ban. I for one was on the verge of leaving as the UK section had deteriorated into just mindless drivel. As it is, I will now hang on and hope it picks up to the excellent level it was at when I first joined.

Nigel.

2. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I agree mate, top post.

3. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Thank you Paul

However - I only put people in the firing line because of the amount of **** I got from them when I first joined. I left twice because of it - so dont give it if you cant take it.

I will not be staying no. I cannot believe how childish this whole thing now is. I was looking forward to coming back when I was away - I missed it. But, you've killed the life and soul of the party.

4. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Nige

I am your drive out buddy but I do disagree with you on this one, I personally can't think of thing's Ferrari all the time, but I don't think this means I should join another forum as some are saying.

I think we need need people like Tea who inject a lot of humour into situations. OK I know he can get a bit annoying at times but as in life why can't we take the good with the bad.

I don't agree with many of the posts on here but I don't complain, I either ignore it or shove back some sarcasm.

Anyway roll on Silverstone, will meet you at the BP service station if yer still talking to me ................:D:D

5. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Paul,

Whether its funny or not, I don't have time for it. When I spend some time on www.timezone.com, I expect to read about watches, when I pop into www.fredmiranda.com for half an hour, I want to read about photography - nobody slates me for having a decent camera there.

When I log into www.ferrarichat.com I want to discuss Ferraris. Other parts of FChat manage it, so why can't we? Instead, we've created a perverse situation where every thread is hijacked by the inner circle with an in-joke. And now we're well down the road to a petty inverse snobbery where owning something that belongs on the cover of Max Power is far more appropriate than a vulgar 612, 360 spider or 575.

I've noticed the domain arsechat.com is available for £70. Why not get a copy of UBB and all congregate there for a while. You can then all worship yourselves to your heart's content.

LWR

6. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Si m8,

There would not be a problem if people that want to talk bollox did so in the cafe. That is what it is there for. But when you log in and over 50% of the threads are nonsense, and the ones that are not nonsense have been hijacked, the whole forum becomes worthless.

Tea was sometimes amusing, but to just keep creating pointless threads was ludicrous.

BP service station is on, shall we say 09:30?

7. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Well I'm booked in for a service at Terry Keys so I was gonna leave at about 8 so would be at BP by 8.20-30ish

8. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    For those of you who miss him, he can be found here

See you over there.

9. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    I've stayed out of this one, but I can resist no longer. I just can't understand this point of view. If you go back and look at all of the threads that TR started, and read each and every post he made, can you honestly say that he has actually made the site a better place? I will admit that I've laughed at one or two of his posts; there were times when he was genuinely funny. But these times were few and far between. Most of the bickering on FChat is down to his and a small number of other people's inbuilt ability to cause offence and yet claim to be the innocent party at the same time. See all the posts about Reggie for example (sorry Reggie). This is nothing more than trolling.

There are a lot of members who have scaled back their posting simply because every thread that gets started ends up being hijacked by the same few characters. This is what really gets to everyone. The UK section is really cliquey, there's no doubt about that, and I cringe when I read the same old stuff time after time. When you write stuff down on a forum, you're telling the whole world something. For goodness sake say something worthwhile!

I've sat on the side lines and watched the constant drivel being posted for weeks on end. I've visited other forums to compare, and yes there's banter going on everywhere (which is right and proper in my view), but the scale of the drivel in the UK FChat section is a long way above that of any other site I've looked at. Chocolate starfishes and Monaco penetentiaries, comrades and hand-cocks - think about it - if you talked about that stuff to all of your colleagues at work all day would you really be considered the life and soul of the party?

People have the right to post what they want, provided it is within the posting rules of the site. I'm cool with that. But why must it be the same stuff, time after time after time, on almost every thread? And why do people start to immitate the original poster's style, thus encouraging them even more? Next, we get the complainers, and we end up with "chataboutferrarichat.com" (see this thread) and virtually no on-topic threads.

If we're talking about childish behaviour, I think it is worth pointing out that saying "I don't like it here, I'm not coming back" is a pretty childish response to the situation. The truth is that any member, whoever they are, won't be missed if they stop posting. There's just too many of us for it to make a difference. It's up to you, but I don't think taking your ball home is the solution.

I think people should just admit to themselves that TR was simply trolling; he let it get out of hand and now he's paid the penalty. Whether the 'sentence' was too high or not is for me irrelevant, and if people have a view that it is too high then like Fonzy I'm cool with that. He took the risk by behaving the way he did. Whether he is here or not is pretty unimportant to me. I can live with it either way, as I have done in the past. Nobody wants TR banned really, but it seems he just can't control himself. I would welcome him back if I thought he could 'keep it real'.

I would also say that I think TR has spent the last couple of weeks deliberately going all out to get banned. Why else would he have started so many threads that got closed, time after time. He knows the score, and I wouldn't mind betting that he doesn't care one hoot whether he's allowed to post here or not. The whole thing was just a game to him, and the fact that he could wind other people up in the process was just an interesting side effect.

You should stay even if it is only to disagree with me. And maybe you could post an interesting fact, a picture of a Fezza you saw the other day, or indulge in more banter in the cafe. I think that would be agreeable to everyone.

10. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    OK mate, then I will meet you at Sliverstone.

Apologies to all for hijacking this thread. :D

11. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    mines a pint of youngs and good call. nobody minds a bit of winding but sometimes....................

12. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lee, I dont know you and even find you a bit chavvish, but you come across as a decent bloke but its your loss if you go.

But before you do decide, could you please tell me whos killed who's party?

If its the one thats been going on over the last couple of weeks i'm personally glad its partied itself out.

Hope to catch up with you one day

13. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

No, he is nothing but a destructive fool. Well done Tony.

14. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

You mention on another site that f-chat is Cr-p. If it is that bad why not sign off and go away.

15. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Seems to be a small party to be honest.

This place is just madness. It really is that different to other areas of the site because i learn things and enjoy reading others but in the UK, its like going to a Jerry Bloody Springer show or something.

Tony, I think you've done the right thing because its just an absolute joke the threads that were created for no reason whatsoever.

Saw the supercar site, its all personal threads more or less, I wouldnt have thought that was a good way to start a new website?

regards,

Matthew

16. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Dear Mickey Mouse

You will notice that all "Off topic" is kept in general chat. Everything else is area related.

Cheers
    Pluto & Daffy Duck

17. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Good move Tony. His being banned last summer for behaving like a pillock had little effect. He returned with a slightly lower impact attitude, but it was only a matter time before he retuned to his default state.

Funny he may be (occasionaly, and recently less frequently so), but he brings nothing to the party, and is an enemy to harmony.

The length of his ban is irrelevant; one day or one year, he will still come back as a pain in the tail-pipe, so let us see what transpires upon his return in June. :)

18. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I thought i had bad eyesight...................maybe not!

19. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sorry Steve, told your Mrs to keep it quiet;)

20. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Define mates and to whom you are referring too here please

21. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    #71 steve f, Mar 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Ahh! Sunny side up as well:D

23. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

Ha ha ha.. chavish. Thats great.

I've met Lee and I can confirm he is definately a chav :) ha ha ha

24. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    I too get irritated by the starry eyed adoration of certain people, but to be fair the one I think you're referring to is actually a paying sponsor as far as I recall.

I would like to put on record that my subscription today is unrelated to the banning of Tea blah blah, but I am just a little bit happier that I won't have to skip past so much dross.

Anybody want to talk about cars?

jg

25. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    Can you remove this post entirely Tony? I have a 13 year old son who likes to read through FChat but I could really do without him finding stuff like this. It`s a sorry state...