TArse banned---------- | Page 7 | FerrariChat

TArse banned----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    that cant be him as they only have 8 cylinders and tee arse is a proper ferrari man with 12 cylinders

2. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Talking about him is almost as tedious as listening to him.

jg

3. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Agree on that one.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Tony mate this reminds me of the time Rob had to make a decision over Allan Lambo, a lot of people were angry with Rob over the permanent ban but after a while realised how much better F-CHAT was without Allan, if you decide to ban TR for good you will get a load of grief but in the end i think the UK section will be all the better for it, i for one will stand by you.

5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    No no no Andy, I disagree with you disagreeing about me disagreeing with Reggie. Does that mean I now agree with Reggie that it is easy to say sorry? Let me count the positive negatives here...

6. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That's me out, I can't count:D

7. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Is this disagreement ever gonna end?

8. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Gents,
    although the following will be merely academic as Tea Arse has now been banned, I thought you might like to know there is a different side to him that I, and a few others here, have experienced.
    Some months ago a thread was started here, the subject of which will remain nameless,as it is irerelevant. As a result of the particular topic being raised, it led me to do some in depth research and the end result was some extremely damaging and libellous material had been posted about myself with regard to some totally ludicrous alledged business dealings I was supposed to have made. Whilst I was undertaking the necessary legal response (which has now been resolved to my complete satisfaction) I happened to disclose some of the facts that I had uncovered to Graham, who was truly horrified by what had occured. He offered me, without any prompting whatsoever, many e-mails of personal support and advice, which I found only to be in keeping with my opinion of him that I had already formed, that is, that he is a true gent with a wicked warped sense of humour.
    When I first found Fchat site, it was one of Tea Arses posts that I first stumbled across, and spent the rest of the night crying with laughter. He was essentially the reason I decided to post, and was greeted, luckily, by everyone with a very warm response.
    Like I said this is all academic, as there are rules to this site, and they have been broken, therefore they have been upheld with the promised threat. I am not challenging this.
    I am merely stating, from my own personal point of view, that I will miss him. There is after all always more than one side to a coin.

On the plus side I no longer have to reach for a dictionary every time I read a post now:D

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    top post mate as tea arse is a proper gent with a great sense of humour i speak to him every week i too will miss him and i can vouch for what you say

10. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    I agree with all you have both said Steve and Andy I feel i must add my bit to it now nomatter what any others think this is not the old mates getting together

I have known Grahem for at least five years he is a member of our Wessex FOC group He has been and is a personal friend to myself and family He would never knowingly hurt anybody and would only bite with his words if bitten He is a good guy to have on your side i promise you I am not going to embarras any body but he has helped a lot of people out on this site and in our FOC group I know he goes on sometime he knows it to but it is all harmless fun in the scheme of things I am not going on re his ban although bit tough maybe for somebdy the did not actually do anything harmfull I dont want to be attacked for this post or put it up for debate Its just a statement of fact and i feel i am doing my bit sticking up for one of the good guys RAY360M

11. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    This thread just keeps running ... I guess I can take some blame for that too with this post...

There seems to be a lot of reference to TArse being 'a proper gent' and not doing anything 'harmful' etc. I can't accept some of this thinking...

The real important things aside (wife, children, family, friends, great experiences etc), my passion for cars is one of those things that validates all the bull$hit I sometimes put up with.

I have no interest in falling out with any of you, but if you see FChat as I do - a great place to spend a half hour each evening to read some thoughts of those people who are interested in a great motor car marque - you'd find the rants of TArse a major spoiler. And if you'd been on the receiving end of some of his spleen venting, as I have, then it seriously dilutes the pleasure of any community we have here.

FChat isn't life and death - so why should we have to put up with anybody who insists on stopping it from being what it is - great place for like minded people to chat and exchange on-topic views?

LWR

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    without being picky if it wasnt for tea arse and other regular posters jokers o/t stuff fchat would become boring nothing to read as we all know what polish to use [except ray ferguson] which tyres to buy how to do this and that the threads would stop in my opinion also if you attend soime of the track days [apologys if you have] it breaks the ice among strangers and makes it more enjoyable yes i am a tea arse fan but he was wrong to sign up and post as somenoe else but nobody is perfect

13. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    General Thought!

When you meet up with your mates in the pub, football match,race track or whatever floats your boat, are you seriously telling me that you all sit there and recite nothing but Ferrari topics and subjects? No, of course not. These are interspersed with various asides and general banter, as you drift into and out of topics and discussions as they arise. If you don't then I really and truly feel very sorry for you as the anorak is proudly awaiting you as we speak.
    Why then, when we quite clearly don't react this way in the "real " world, do we suddenly expect this place to be different? Surely we all trawl around the topics and pop in to look, and comment sometimes, on subjects that interest us whilst ignoring the ones on which we deem to be either not relevant, not interesting or perhaps outside of our particular knowledge base?
    The site consists of numerous on topic, off topic, humourous and / or contentious threads for all of us to amuse ourselves from time to time. Why are we all so hell bent on destroying it?
    If, for example,you don't like shopping at Tescos, you simply shop elsewhere. If you don't like the look of a thread you either(a) don't read it or (b) don't react to it.
    As I've said in a previous post on here tonight we are all to blame for the overall degeneration of this site. One persons opinions become another persons provocations and then the downhill slide occurs very rapidly from there.
    If there is to be a true clean sweep here then I think it's about time that the perpetrators of the malicious PM's are called out (surely there must be copies of PM's on the server) and these people should also be publicly banned.
    Then perhaps we can all stop behaving like two year olds and get this place back to what it should be:
    A PLACE OF REFRESHING CHANGE FOR ALL OF US

14. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003

It has been pointed out on numerous occasions that the idea of not reading something you don't like doesn't work when you get part way down an on-topic thread and suddenly find a load of "Monaco Penetentiary chocolate starfish" bollocks. And of course to find out you don't like it, you have to read it.

I think people have been as patient as can be expected on this one. To use your analogy of mates in the pub, if one of your mates kept returning to the same subject and repeated it over and over again, you'd get kinda tired of it, and eventually he'd probably be told to find something else to talk about or sod off.

You mentioned that we seem to expect this place to be different to the real world and you think that is unreasonable. TR himself has behaved very differently online to how he does in the real world - how's that for a dilemma?

I just did a search for the word "penetentiary". There were 35 threads, all but one of them were in the UK section, and 14 of them were locked...

I'm not one of the keep-it-all-on-topic people; I think there ought to be plenty of variety, but there are limits. Graham obviously has done good things while he's been around and is a well respected FOC member etc - all of which is great. However, given his online behaviour which is there for all to see, I think some of the arguments against the ban are pretty weak.

15. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Ric,
    some good valid points here.
    Question is, where do we go from here? It just seems to be spirally downhill out of control.
    I'm off too bed to ponder on it (that's my excuse anyway)
    g'nite M8
    Andy

16. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Its a question of finding a balance isn't it? Of course you need banter on here, would be very dull otherwise... BUT - when every single thread deviates into nonsense, that is not a good state for this forum to reach.

No one is saying keep it all extremely serious, however there is a limit to how much you can endure, there here have been occasions where each and every thread has been hijacked with b0llox, and potentially interesting threads are killed dead with the mention of the CS penetentiary for the 1000th time.

17. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    Hey Guys, isn't it nice that members are communicating with each other without abuse all of a sudden!!!

D11VE:J

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I think this subject has run it's course now. There have been 170 replies and 3000 views . I too have found Graham to be totally different off line to online and we exchange emails daily.
    The simple fact is he keeps registering bogus usernames , over and over. This is against the policy of Fchat .End of.

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    In the interests of fairness, i shd point out that Graham doesn't email me daily, just 2 or 3 times a week. Everything else i stand by.