Tax hike. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tax hike.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Noel, Jan 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You've got to pay your "fair share"......

2. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I can think of at least one...

3. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Live from downtown Chicago..........Come on, you know the words :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrdEMERq8MA&feature=channel[/ame]

4. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    still cheaper than California & NY, best part is there is usually someone who's got it worse than you...

5. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #30 JohnnyS, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    I don't think we really are upset over some sort of tax increase. My problem with IL Dems is that they believe that their spending is okay and that the public must pay for it. There is no realization that the IL government is overspending. They actually believe our money is theirs to spend!

Now, lets add this: Our gov. P. Quinn now wants to encourage business to come to IL. Gee, how's that going to work.....tax increase......yep, if I had to move a business, I would go to the state with the worst financials and is increasing taxes. Oh yeah, that is a real attractive position for companies.

How does business operate here? Look at the airport expansion. Chicago is expanding the airport and United and American get to pay for it. United and American don't want the expansion because air travel is down so the financials don't support it now. Does that even get considered by Chicago? Nope.

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #31 Darolls, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Johnny,

You're talking IL politics and Chicago in general. Our state has had the most corrupt politicians and that isn't going to change. Look at the pension programs for state and local government workers; it's a joke!! And a rip-off to us mere mortals.

Remember that in Illinois government is for the Government; the populace has no say!

P.S. Quinn has already lied about his campaign promise on state income tax.....remember what he said?

7. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    - but he said this 5% tax rate is only temporary. Quinn said it would to go back down to 3.75% in four years, right? Oh wait, I forgot to take my meds...

:eek:

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Joey, you have to take your meds!

Delirium always sets in when you don't;.....rest easy my friend.

9. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Police and firefighter layoffs starting:

CAMDEN, N.J. – Some police officers are turning in their badges as part of deep municipal layoffs that began Tuesday and that could be a blow to the quality of life in this city, one of the nation's most impoverished and crime-ridden.

As many as 383 workers, representing one-fourth of the local government's work force, are expected to lose their jobs, including about half the police force and one-third of the city's firefighters.

Our mayor candidates say they will increase police and firefighters??? Yeah, right.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Pshaw, and poop on on those involved in Illinois politics. Employees of the State; DMV etc are all corrupt.

Quinn will be the next one to explain his ethics......does anyone really think he's as clean as a whistle?

11. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    He's a bumpkin IMHO. Tax and spend is all I hear. When will the cuts come?

12. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
    They never will go down. Illinois democrats slogan is "America Needs Another Detroit!"

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I think it's more a case of economy/politics fatigue. What they should have done is establish a hard deadline when the increase rolls back. At least that would imply they're trying and not just sucking more blood on an open-ended basis. Tax hikes suck, but there isn't really a road out of this mess without one.

14. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    That's my feeling on the nose!

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #40 tifosi12, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    Trouble in the "Northern Paradise"

16. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    If you will remember, all lottery profits were to be dedicated to the augmentation of school funding.

In reality, they lied (unmitigated shock and horror).

For every cent of lottery proceeds, deposited in the school fund account, a cent is taken out and placed into the general fund for the lawmakers indiscriminate squandering.

Slick huh???

17. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sorry Zin,
    It is not just Democrats, it is all of them. The criminal aristocracy, are "above the law," both state and federal.

Regards,
    Bill