Technical divided by model groups | FerrariChat

Technical divided by model groups

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by christc, Oct 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Dear All, dear Moderators,

would not a division by model groups, e.g. as in the Vintage forum would make sense? This way one could focus on what to read and where to answer. I have very little knowledge in newer Ferraris but could contribute with older cars. At the moment it is hard for me to navigate in the Technical forum.

How do you think about this?
    Thanks
    Christopher

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ernie likes this.
  3. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Yes, that is where I relate too. It would be good to have a similar structure in Technical Q&A as one could go the chapters of interest. In the main model specific categories you posted you have everything mixed, not just Technical Q&A.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Honestly, I think the “technical q&a” is just a catchall or last resort, not really necessary per se, as you generally get a better response in the model specific forums. The do see how it can be beneficial as some Ferrari techs browse them. I would rather see a “Ask a Ferrari tech” forum where you would pay a small fee for an answer that you haven’t been able to find through any other venues...

mwr4440 likes this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    While it DOES make sense logically, the two forums (existing, and proposed tech Q&A subs) would really provide the same purpose. sure it takes a little longer surfing through all the tech in the model forums, and the search function works pretty well when you click "more".

sjd

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There is a whole lot more good technical info in the model sections than there is here. Start there and use this as a last resort, like Matt suggested.

7. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Thanks for all the responses. I am quiet active in both the Vintage and 365-412 forums. My main interest lies in originality and technical info. In the mentioned groups you will find lots of additional things not related to both this topics. Thats why I thought a subgroup for technical model specific topics would make sense. But I can live with what I get as I enjoy fchat much.

Thanks
    Christopher

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    GordonC likes this.
  9. christc

christc Formula Junior