Tehran Cafe Racers

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by RHS, Aug 4, 2011.

1. We have now implemented a page that contains launching points to Ferrari News, Ferrari Classifieds, Popular Threads, and Uploaded Media. The idea is to view this Home Page to get all your Ferrari content from one place. Please see the thread below for more info and bug reports. Thanks! https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-home-page.577616/
  1. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

There were a number of Wood & Pickett Sheer Rovers. There was one black one with Wolf Wheels, complete wood trim, four headlights and from the sound, had obviously been enhanced. I had seen it both before and after the revolution and have tried to track it down in recent years to no avail. Could you have meant this one ?

2. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

One of the things I enjoy is checking up on restoration projects. As you have seen in this thread, despite unbelievable odds, our guys keep their cars on the road under sometimes daunting circumstances. You already saw in an earlier post the blood sweat and tears that went into the restoration of a Shelby Mustang and the celebration we had afterwards. These pictures of a Alfa Montreal being restored by my good friend Ali Nouri. He has dedicated at least five years to get this car back on the road. He is a technical genius and has his own factory manufacturing a multitude of goods and keeps this car in the back of his workshop were he woks on It during his spare time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

A second gentleman is a gentleman by the name of Bemani whose passion is French cars. He is the go to man and has restored everything from Matra Simca Bagheera to Citroen SM. I had the opportunity to stop by his shop and see him put the engine of Citroen CX Prestige back together with an original DS waiting its turn.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
  5. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
  6. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,
    A 73 Camaro being put back together. This and the SL above are being worked on at the garage of Ali Kalhor who is both a mechanic and champion race and rally driver. He founded this garage with his late brother Bahman.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
  9. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
  10. F12KID

F12KID Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    ZH CH
    Could be....Sheer rovers were the vogue of RR back then...lol....

11. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Pun duly noted. Just wondering, would you by chance have any pictures of the car you are mentioning ? Or any other cars from the past you could share here ? If you remember, we had another friend who shared some pre-revolution (and post revolution) pictures of a Dino, Interceptor etc. By the way another shot of an RR in rally action.

Best Regards,

Ramin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. F12KID

F12KID Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    ZH CH
    I'll ask my father and for sure i have some in my childhood albums

Fyi 1st sheer rover in IR was my uncle's and first ever Cadillac my grandfather

13. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,
    Given your own taste in cars, good taste seems to run in the family. We have been working a number of years to document many of the 'special' cars that came into Iran prior to 79 before they are lost forever in time. Any inputs would be most welcome.

Best Regards,

Ramin

F12KID likes this.
  14. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  15. F12KID

F12KID Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    ZH CH
    Thanks.

I'm going digging later this afternoon

16. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Thanks for bringing back some amazing memories Ramin Jan !

Best,
    Sammy

F12KID likes this.