Tell me the stories of your worst (speeding) tickets to comfort me | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Tell me the stories of your worst (speeding) tickets to comfort me

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by duxz360, Oct 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    We just had a professional athlete going 156 mph kill a woman in a similar circumstance....so you can save your little insults....you are an embarrassment to this community

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's all good, man. I'm certainly not the thought police.

You see nothing wrong with going 170 in a residential area; well, I appreciate your confirmation. We're all entitled to our opinions.

Curious, what do you think of drunk driving? Are you tolerant of that as well?

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What you fail to understand is this community is not admonishing the speed itself. Many, including myself, have gone even faster.
    The eyebrow-raising has always been in the context of the *LOCATION.*

Let me give you an example and see if you can understand.

"I shot my machine gun in a residential area for target practice."

Folks are like what? Take that to a shooting range or an unpopulated rural area.

You and @Ingenere argue that the admonition is the community engaging in holier than thou self-righteous poseurdom.

That's fine, my motto is I prefer honesty over consensus. I'm glad you and @Ingenere are absolutely clear about what you both see as okay. We're not the moral or thought police, it won't get either of you banned! On the contrary, I encourage folks to be forthright about what they *really* believe.

To be intellectually fair, I've already posited what you may call 'residential' could be very different than what some folks imagine, and if you can provide more information I think folks would be more than understanding.

So again, for the SECOND TIME, what is the SPECIFIC street it occurred on? We all have Google Maps, here's your chance to absolve yourself.

jag-oo-r and AREDSTALLION like this.