Temp gauge and Tpms error same time | FerrariChat

Temp gauge and Tpms error same time

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by DAVID SIEGEL, Jun 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DAVID SIEGEL

DAVID SIEGEL Karting

Jun 12, 2019
    I know this is a Ferrari forum and you guys always were able to answer tech questions on my F-car

I have an Aston Martin Rapide which did somehting very strange the engine temp gauge went to full hot temp and at the same time the TPMS light came on.

The engine was not overheating. Every time we put the key in accessory position the guage went right to hot with TPMS on even when the engine was cool

We then saw the gauge go from Hot to normal temp and the TPMS light went out at the same time.

The dealer changed the coolant temp switch but could not explain why the TPMS was on when the gauge was showing hot and went off when the gauge dropped to the correct temp.

Any thoughts on this.
    Thanks

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Yeah, there's too much damn electronics in modern cars! (Just mashin' your taters ;))

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Unrelated systems often share common (indication) power sources, wiring harness plugs and earths. Disconnecting the plugs on certain types of temperature indication systems makes the gauge read full scale (open circuit = very high resistance). Sorry to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if your problem returns (unless part of the indication faultfinding procedure included cleaning the earths).