Temporary garage. | FerrariChat

Temporary garage.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Dr123, Dec 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    That’s expensive!!!

As John says; those are more for internal use. That wouldn’t last long outside.

I’ve used something similar https://www.ahspares.co.uk/austin-healey/performance-parts/miscellaneous-2/ventilated-cacoon-indoor.aspx?gclid=cjwkcaiatdgnbhameiwawxgcugrxd-aidjv3fntshedsx4dbdibum5lgjcjojenfeua7bopnbmgf1xocen8qavd_bwe got it cheaper than this; but only pic I can easily find. Used it in a car port that was in a very sheltered spot. It was ok for about a year; then started to suffer.

Personally I’d use something like what John linked or something like this https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cig81015-heavy-duty-instant-garage---da/
    with an air chamber inside.

All depends how long you have temporary arrangements for until you build a garage or move to a house with a garage or two

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a couple of those - one 7m. x 3m. and the other 3m. x 3m. - for general storage (not cars). They are well made and easy to erect (a one-man job, and even the larger one took less than 2 hours) and would probably suffice without the airchamber, but you will probably need a groundsheet as well, as they have no "floor".

5. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    Thanks guys. Not got garage so looking for alternative for my drive way lol.
    Have car cover but still undecided about that in case of scratches etc. Although my F8 has full ppf and ceramic coating.
    Must be the only f8 sitting outside covered in ice

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Yeah I wouldn’t put a car cover on it outside. 1) it will likely not let it breath that well and keep it damp, and 2) any movement from wind etc, as you suggest may scratch it.