Tesla roadster: Mis. questions bout this persistent no-show | FerrariChat

Tesla roadster: Mis. questions bout this persistent no-show

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bitzman, Dec 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Now that it has been five years or so that Boy Wonder Elon Musk has been promising the Tesla roadster, I am curious about a coupla things.

-I heard the price might be over $200,000. Isn't that starting to get into Ferrari territory? (How dare they!)

-Why do they call it a roadster when it's obviously a fixed head coupe with a targa roof in front and a lift up hatch in the back. Are reporters so scared of Elon that if he says a ball is a block they will refer to it as a block?

--There is on Tesla websites, mention of the Space-X package for another $50,000--which will enable it to go 0-60 mph in 1.1 seconds. Isn't that risky for passengers whose necks might snap if not warned in advance...

-On the rear at the bottom there's an upswept panel with little fins pointing downward. Is this "aero control" carried through with channeling underneath or just for show?

-they are talking of speeds over 200 mph--is that front spoiler gonna keep it down on the ground at that speed?

--Whenever I hear of which models will be built at the plants in Fremont, Texas, Shanghai or Berlin they never mention whether the roadster is going to be built. Is Musk afraid the other models are so back-ordered he can't postphone any of those deliveries any more than he already has so he can whack out some roadsters?

--
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LoveChesed

LoveChesed Rookie

Dec 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I wrote a while ago tying myself in knots debating between California, 430 and 458 and just not able to justify spending the 200K on a car the Tesla would be. The main reason I hesitate on purchasing the F-car is putting it in the shop for repairs will drive me nuts. I have to say ... As I’m realistically looking at the cost of the F-car and then thinking of adding the pretty expensive maintenance ... the 200K for the Tesla with what should be minimal maintenance costs is looking a lot more feasible than when I started thinking about it. Of course we have at minimum another year until it’s released and it’s not unreasonable to think a few years...

3. LoveChesed

LoveChesed Rookie

Dec 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I just wanted to follow this thread and it looks like I can if I click the button on another post...