Test drove a C6 Z06 today, all went well until... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Test drove a C6 Z06 today, all went well until...

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Darkhorse575, Apr 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Wow! What a beast! I like how your steering wheel looks nothing like LS4's Cobalt/Malibu wheel!

My car is now in the shop as the rear drivers side E-brake coupling has come loose and started to shaved the rotor. No word on the final bill or other "while we were in theres".

2. Darkhorse575

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #27 Darkhorse575, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I should have said the Enzo chassis is an evolution of the F50

4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Yup.

5. Darkhorse575

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Picked up the LS1 today and removed the roof panel. $584. I think I got off easy.

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    William, so I take it that you recomend the z06 as a great trackday car? Do you still run the Tr, how do they compare.

Can you give us an idea of what the brakes and interior costs are?

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Yes, however, the engine is no longer a stressed member of the chassis. Additionally, the company that makes the chassis for the CGT/ Enzo/ Veyron is one and the same.

The CGT's chassis is a full CF Monicoque, whereas the Enzo's is a steel/ CF semi monicoque.

The CGT's chassis, and engine were developed as a LMS GT1 race car initially. There was more than enough money; with Cayenne production financing the project in excess.

approx. 2/3 of the way through development, the LMS rules were changed; which effectively negated the use of the 5.0 liter V10 that she was going to use in race trim (making about 700 hp @ 10,500 rpm). There were likely other rules changes which affected the chassis.

The engine was detuned, stroked, and made extremely reliable to make 604 hp with a redline of 8,400 rpm.