News

Testa glove box emergency lamp

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by barabus, Apr 5, 2008.

1. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    With the GPS plugged into the Cig lighter it fouls the gear changing? I want to run my GPS off of the emergency lamp socket in the Testarossa glove box, does anyone know where i could get a plug to fit preferably at 90 degrees so i can run a wire off the socket and fit the GPS Cigarette lighter size plug?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    why do you need a GPS ?

car never moves !

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

Sheesh, most of us when driving our Ferraris have no idea of where we're going to go; so why do you need a GPS??

Just go where your car takes you and enjoy the ride!

5. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Thanks for your help lads

6. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    If this is the same plug as fits an early 308 (before they went to the cigarette lighter plugin), I found a source at a motorcycle shop. If you can confirm that a 308 plug will fit, I'll look up where I bought it from.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DGS

DGS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I had to double-take the thread title. I thought it read "Tesla glove box emergency lamp". ;)
    I had this mental image of lightning in a glove box. :D

You may not want to use the emergency lamp outlet for a GPS -- it stays on when the car is off. You might want to check the wiring diagram and hook up a Radio Shack connector in, say, the stereo power circuit. (That's probably not factory stock anyway.)

Hmm: Tesla. How much current does the GPS need? Would the suspension bumps shake a wire coil around enough to generate all the power a portable GPS needs? :p