Testa Rossa body to identify | FerrariChat

Testa Rossa body to identify

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by GHK, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GHK

GHK Rookie

Jun 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gert Kersten
    Hi, there, recently I bought a Ferrari Testa Rossa Pontoon Fender aluminium body on what seems te be a shortened Ferrari 250GT PF chassis. I bought it from Dutch cleector Fans van Haren of pre-war Alfa-Romeo and Mille Miglia fame. It came from the Danish Strojer Samlingen. They bought the body 15 years ago from Mecanicimport in Belgium and claimed it bought from a American private party. It is built on a real PF chassis, all the details are there, but no chassis number has been found. Is there anyone who knows who could have built it and what chassis number belongs to it

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Gert, how certain are you that this is built on a real 250 chassis?

john

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    What does the paperwork say??? What number is listed on the title? From which country is the last title?
    Pls post clear and sharp detail photo of the main tube left front where the number would be stamped. To me it looks like a fantasy chassis and not a 250 PF Coupé frame, or at least heavily customised and modified.

Marcel Massini

4. GHK

GHK Rookie

Jun 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gert Kersten
    Hi John, quite certain, because all the lips to put an underplating on are there, the holes in the crossmembers, the round indentations in the frontcrossmembers, the fueltanksupport, the rear axle bumpstop etc. The hoop over the transmissiontunnel has been cut away. The chassis has been shortened. The diagonal crossmembers are not touching each other as per PF and are a bit asymmetrical. I compared the underside of a PF of a friend of mine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. GHK

GHK Rookie

Jun 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gert Kersten
    Hello Marcel, als there are no papers. The hoop over the transmissiontunnel is cut away. The chassis has been shortened. The diagonal crossmembers are not touching each other as per PF and are a bit asymmetrical. I compared the underside of a PF of a friend of mine. The place where the chassisnumber normally is looks like been chafed away
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    In the early days, Tom Meade used to have a complete 250TR body hanging on his garage/apartment wall in Modena. I think it came from 712TR, which got a Drogo(?) berlinetta body. I have no way to tell if that's your body.

NürScud likes this.