testarossa cabrio modificator in europe ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

testarossa cabrio modificator in europe ?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by GOODYES, Nov 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GOODYES

GOODYES Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Barcelona, Spain (España)
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    No, I live in Spain, but a few months ago tried to buy a 348 Spider with UK label / registrated, and then I fund it is not possible to regiuster on Spain, cause if label / registry is not from EU then you need to pass again EURO contamination checks, and then the car will not pass, so at the end, to get a Ferrari in EU (say older than 2000's) you must get it on any country on Europe, excluding UK for instance

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Cannot be so Alejandro.

UK is now Europe and all sister states MUST take in cars of all other states without any problem !

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    mel,
    UK is not really europe
    for example: when I get for my thai girlfriend a visa for germany, she may travel in whole europe,also in switzerland, but for GB she need an extra visa

but that is british: they also drive on the wrong side of the street :) :)

I remember a friend of mine moved from germany to france and he had a trike, it was not possible to register this trike in france. about 8 years ago

every european country is cooking the own soup because nobody likes to go to court because of those registration problems. that is why you need connections to those who have to decide

you may also look to the US: it is nearly impossible to register a car from outside of california in california because of the smoke emission controls, except it is an old car ( I think more than 30 years??? )

goodyes: if you would need help I could register this car here in germany, then you have european papers and then it would get no problem to register in spain?

GOODYES and Melvok like this.
  4. GOODYES

GOODYES Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Barcelona, Spain (España)
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    thanks turbo joe, first I will need to check out, as I had asked, which company can transform / cut the top side of the car and make the car legal, or where to buy the test cabrio, but all in all from here in the europe except uk, so Spain, France, Italy, Germany and a few more probable, So that I will be able to drive it on the streets of rage, haha of Barcelona as of these days

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    goodyes,
    this what I offered you is for the 348 spider from GB.
    what about a TR cabrio I don´t know just now, have to check, but this only if it is time to clear all and not now call all around and after a while nothing will go on anymore. hope you understand?

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Yes, that could be the right way imo !

Nice of you to help Alejandro this way :D