Testarossa did a weird thing yesterday | FerrariChat

Testarossa did a weird thing yesterday

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by khayes, Apr 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I was driving my 1986 TR yesterday and a very weird thing happened. As I made the shift from 2cd to 3rd the clutch pedal and the gas pedal stuck in the down position. The engine reved and finally the clutch pedal and gas pedal popped back into their normal positions simultaneously and the gear change completed. I went through two more gears with no other problems. I drove the car for another half hour in stop and go traffic with no other problems.

I have had the floor mat slide under the gas pedal before and make it stick momentarily but I've never had the clutch pedal stick before. Is there something that needs to be lubricated or adjusted to prevent this from happening again?

2. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Just a guess, but the clutch on these things is actuated with a thrust bearing which is very unusual as it has the servo effectively built into it. The fluid flows through the servo and gets contaminated more quickly than other clutch arrangments. I would recommend that you get the fluid changed as soon as possible using pressure if possible.