Testarossa front lic. plate | FerrariChat

Testarossa front lic. plate

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jbcottrell, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbcottrell

jbcottrell Rookie

Apr 8, 2004
    I need to install a front plate, does anybody have any ideas? Is there a factory bracket kit available? Thanks

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Here in MA. 'I need to install a front plate' too but I won't. My car hasn't had one going on 19 years and I won't be the first to hack it up to put one on. I know from experience that if you explain that to the cop pulling you over for it and keep the plate in the car and produce it,they'll let you slide. They pretty much just want to know that the plate isn't lost, stolen or otherwised used illegally.

That's my experience anyways on more than one occasion.

Kenny K.

3. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    There was another thread of a guy who made a copy of his plate, shrunk it down a bit, laminated it then attached it to the front of the car. Another guy made an adhesive facsimile and stuck it to the front of his 355. It was a Euro plate and he was able to shape it nicely to the body work.

It seems to me like you should be able to attach something to the front grill and be able to take it on and off as need be. I'd hate to have to drill into the bodywork and attach a bracket. If that's your only option the dealer should have a fix.

4. jbcottrell

jbcottrell Rookie

Apr 8, 2004
    Ah-ha! I found that in the center of the grille there are 2 square holes along the center vertical pieces. A couple small L-shaped brackets and it can be easily removed. Here in Los Angeles they are using cameras at signal which photograph the front plate, thus the new rage of police writing tickets for it.

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Another option is to utilize the tow-hook hole in the front spoiler for mounting the plate. This way you don't have to screw anything up to mount it. Just make a bracket and/or plate frame that will bolt up there, nothing permament this way.

6. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K

7. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Did you get a ticket for running a light and that's why you need a front plate. I am sure that they don't take a picture of every car, only traffic violators. In San Francisco police on foot patrol downtown ticket any car without front license plates.
    Darryl

8. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #8 2mmuch, Apr 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017