Testarossa Price Trends | Page 114 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s funny how you guys always peg the major at 10k but that doesn’t always get everything done properly. I see many of them at 20k just like this one.

Parnelli likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

If u have done every reasonable maintenance every through the years there is no reason it should cost u 20k unless u need a lot of stuff at the same time. I’m not saying u wouldn’t need that and I do agree with u that those 20k are not in common but most of the time I saw those are for cars with a big job and have been neglected...
    Dealer charge 215 vs 120 for an independent; say the overal job this guy did included 35hours-40 hours that’s 4K there. Also one thing I hate about the dealer is they will charge for everything: battery change 1 full hour not 15 minutes, inspection before touching car 1 hour... they take advantage to me...
    The car I sold to Fernando was meticulously maintained form start and no bill ever reached 10k most were 2/3k and all work done at f dealer. There is no reason those cars should cost that much in one go unless it has not been maintained regularly in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 and Zeff like this.
  3. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love the Aventador design, and it is the only paddle shift car I would buy, simply because you have no choice.

Shark01 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Agreed....the Aventador design makes my jaw drop!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    The issue isn’t the 10k for the major. The issue is once the car is in, typically you decide to address other things. For me it’s the engine is out, all of a sudden I say might as well get new tires, might as well repaint the rims. Or now is a good time to change the clutch, and add an exhaust.... or paint the bottom valance ..... as the car is gone for a while it just makes it easier to tackle other things so you are not back in next season with another delay. It’s not necessarily an deferred maintenance.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Only lambo I’d buy for sure too!

Shamile likes this.
  7. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It's an excuse for having to sell the car as True Miles Unknown, no telling how many miles are really on it, I'd run.

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Absolutely!

9. Natkingcolebasket69

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Same car didn’t sell last year with poor pictures and no smog (no cats ) back then ans interesting wheels.
    The seller put extra effort this year:
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-ferrari-testarossa-4/

So how much good pics will bring him from 77k?

11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Obvs, driving in the city is not what these cars are made for, but like you and many of us, I have to do it in my F512M, if only to get out of the city. You are right about the steering at dead slow, and anyone who says it’s easy to negotiate these cars around a multi storey car park is kidding. But oddly, if someone told me to choose between my M and my gated 575 to daily drive through London for the next few weeks, I’d choose the M. Why? Because the steering is fine when you’re above parking speed, and because the throttle and steering and brake response are much more organic in the M - the 575 has an electronic throttle. That’s even more apparent in the 599, and F12, though not having three pedals helps there.

The Testarossa family isn’t easy to drive in the city but it doesn’t have the hypermanic nature of today’s Ferrari V12s, which can be pretty tiring in the city. I found the FF exhausting to drive in London traffic jams, even in auto mode. But if you have to do a lot of car park action, TRs are indeed a pain.

Parnelli likes this.
  12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
  13. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    great pic!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Only thing I didn’t like the TR In was in Hairpins. It’s great on highways yet uneventful, excellent in long sweepers, good In twisty roads but I had a couple occasions where the car didn’t feel to great il a succèsion of very tight corners with no assistance...other than that perfect. I think it benefits from being paired with a sports sedan or a newer Ferrari.

Themaven likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

96k for the black TR...all about the pictures... same car poorly presented last year gets 77k...
    Market stable 20-30k car, 100k. Service doesn’t seem to command a premium.

16. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The pictures helped for sure but also trying to keep the car looking stock is also very important. I don’t like the aftermarket/ fake wheels.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes I don’t think those were a good look and I don’t think it was that well kept of a car; just prepped for sale. I guess no one clicked on the previous listing;)

Zeff likes this.
  18. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    $100k (with buyer premium) sounds great to me. Prices are stable and not bad at all.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes they have been this way for a couple years now

xplodee likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

21. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Good deal! It had a lot of records and only 15k miles. I registered to bid but missed it.

23. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    JSinNOLA, JPMD, blkdiablo33 and 4 others like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Advertised and sold on fchat;)

25. Natkingcolebasket69

So I called continental autosports today which has a 90/91 TR with 18k miles, service needed (14 was the latest). Listed at 119k they are aware of recent results but no rush to sell, I offered 107k but I wanted a major done ... they won’t consider it unless 119k. They said they can afford to keep the car, it has been there for 2 years sitting I believe.

The other nice one classiche that I like has 14k miles and is with Cauley Ferrari of Detroit. The car is listed for 150k with an impressive list of service done to it , they want to begin discussions at 120k and it’s a dealership owned car.