Testarossa Price Trends | Page 135 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I posted an upcoming auction.

I replied to Sebastien's post.

I have an interest in TRs and I have been following this thread since it began. The signal to noise ratio has fallen off lately. YMMV.

Enjoy.

MOSS, sherrillt and WATSON like this.
  2. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Thanks for replying but enough now please.

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #3353 ylshih, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Getting personal and bickering on thread. Also, you may not tell another user to **** off. 30-day thread bans for all. Suggest you put each other on "Ignore".

turbo-joe and BOKE like this.
  4. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #3354 raysur, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I saw it this past weekend.
    Uneven panel gaps. The side glass and windshield were aftermarket. Interior is worn. Lots of scrapes and pulling away from the side glass. No reason to have such low mileage and look this way. It was straight piped too. I went just to see this. I love the view without a muffler can in the way. This car isn't an average TR. It was the lower side and price reflects that.

turbo-joe, BOKE and Shamile like this.
  5. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Good to know. Thanks for the info and update. I’m glad we had our investigative team on this one. Joking with you but serious at the same time. Thanks

raysur, EZORED, turbo-joe and 2 others like this.
  6. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    relief to me. It definitely looked ridden hard and put away wet, and what youre describing makes a lot of sense.

I could tell there were no mufflers in back but the pics in the auction curiously didn’t show what was back there. I guess they viewed straight pipes as a negative, which imo it is.

EZORED, Shamile, Zeff and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Straight pipes with a good exhaust ADDS value if you ask me. If you haven't experienced a testarossa with this setup then you havent yet lived. It will change your life :)

8. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    straight pipes means no muffler. Is that what you meant? I’d have to listen. Any shop can install that system for you for much less than a Capristo haha

9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I am referring to test pipes, and aftermarket exhaust

10. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I see. Thats not what we mean. By straight pipes we mean no muffler at all.

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Straight pipes means no cats and no mufflers. I'm not sure a Testarossa would sound good like that. Definitely sounds better with a muffler on.

turbo-joe likes this.
  12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    straight pipes for me means only no cats but with muffler
    without muffler you may get trouble with your neighbors and also with the police - but will sound good :), also loud pipes safe lives

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I was looking on eBay this morning and noticed the Merlin group has two trs priced at 200k. Mileage and condition and year varies. Right next to there cars on eBay is another tr prices at 139k. These people you can’t even take seriously. Very much reminds me If when people over price their property you just push the buyers to the “real sellers”. They might be nice people but that’s a joke I’m sorry. I would never look to buy from them because I don’t like anyone who tries to fish for the highest price this way. It will never work but I don’t like the tactic. I’m way more sophisticated of a buyer than that to play games. I know you are the same. Just calling them out for what they are. Why would I buy or negotiate from 200k when a car with less miles and probably better condition is listed right next to their car. I guess they think people are really that stupid I guess.

14. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Do you consider $139 a realistic ask/sale price?

BOKE likes this.
  15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I think for that particular car if the condition is as they say it is. Then I would expect to pay 120-130. So it’s definitely in the ball park. If there were no other cars for sale at the time in that condition and miles then I wouldn’t let 10k either way stop me from buying it. But that’s just me others here might want it for less. 11k miles Is really low.

16. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Zeff likes this.
  17. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Overall looks good, but dash around the defrost vents show significant pullback/separation. Driver's seat bolster needs work as usual. Other than that, appears workable. Have seen others recently in similar condition for less however. That said, hard to judge unless in person. Looked at many over past years and this looks better than some but not as nice as others. Still have the fever for one of these :)

18. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    one of the upsides of this example is single diligent ownership. Thats a major value in my opinion. Worth much more than $1k to replace the vent panel on the dash plus $1500 to re-dye the seats. Aside from the superficial wear to the seat’s leather, the foam looks intact which means it will look excellent after a careful re-dye.

I’d love to be in a buying position for a tr this year or next with $125k in my pocket. You’d have a fun search and pick of the litter if you wait.

Zeff likes this.
  19. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I agree and those repairs are really not that big of a deal.

xplodee likes this.
  20. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Quiet in here considering a TR was RNM on BaT tonight. I wonder why? :p

I'll go.

91 TR, lots of mods, 2016 service, diff has been done. 51,000 miles. Capristo exhaust. Wrong wheels, wrong seat belts, shields. Wrong brakes. Modified seat tracks, stereo, steering wheel. And probably a few other mods.

After typing all of this I think they should have taken the high bid. I think it is worth $70,000 at best as is in this market.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-ferrari-testarossa-10/

High bid- $63,500.

ChipG, Jay R and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  21. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    That auction on BAT was tempting as the car seems well sorted. All the "wrong" things on the car are definitely not a deal killer for the right price and anything under $70k would be a steal, but clearly the bids did not reach whatever the reserve was. For me, San Fran is a bit far to go take a look, and I've learned a lot after shopping for a TR for years and what I see when it's in-person and not slick photos on the web.

sixcarbs likes this.
  22. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    those wheels were awful IMO.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  23. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Funny how minor cosmetics (simple detailing, wrong wheels, leather condition, paint, scratches, dings, bumper rash, etc) have an exponential impact on sale/hammer prices like this recent car that failed to sell.

Most issues can be simply corrected at a fraction of the price hit the offered car takes, yet private buyers pass/shy away wrongly thinking the car is a roach. Similarly sellers fail to recognize what these unaddressed very minor faults actually cost them (major dollars) and potential sale.

I know time (correcting faults) is money too, but it's still not typically thousands of dollars of coordination phone calls, part shopping, and mechanical, paint, upholstery shop drop offs. Overall market ignorance on both sides IMO.

Zeff likes this.
  24. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #3374 Zeff, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Yes this is all true. The problem is there are other cars available for sale that buyers can go to without the hassle of refurbishing a car unless they do get the big discount. So yes it is always best to have the car in its best condition before selling so that the car can properly compete against examples for sale Which becomes the cars competition. For those that are worried about the current depressed prices of the tr don’t be just be patient and give it time. The prices will rebound if you are patient. Mark my words.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  25. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I think they look fun.

BOKE likes this.