Testarossa Price Trends | Page 180 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Well, I do see them falling. The lowest offer I received on my Murcielago Roadster before selling to Roy is now above asking prices on car gurus.

I think everything has a ways to go down.

Oh....and thanks for the kind words.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChipG, Bradwilliams and blkdiablo33 like this.
  2. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4477 Bradwilliams, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    It was mis typed. Im not smart remember! Im just trying to look the part for you.

So given that you know more about the "market" than I. Will you say that you're smarter than me when Murcielagos dip below 100? Because that is more than likely where they are headed.

I'll bet you will still say that you are smarter than me.

And for the record I will have egg on my face if I'm wrong about this stuff as well. If we do look back on this in 9 months and we are in a notable recession and I'm wrong? I''ll say it in front of everybody and tell them to throw eggs at me. I never said Im smarter than you buddy (stop getting personal), I just find the comments funny.

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    02/06 murci look so outdated imo lp640 i still like

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just to go back to some more pedantic (and less emotional) comments ;)
    I believe all mass-produced cars (that includes Lamborghini and Ferrari for some time now) follow the same U-shaped pattern regarding values:
    - first, decreasing, as long as they're considered used cars getting older (losing value compared to the latest and greatest)
    - then, stabilising at a bottom value for some time - considering they're not sought after as collectible, but have reached a minimum intrinsic value
    - eventually, as they are really old and have also become rarer, go up as time just makes them ever rarer and older.
    So in theory when the value has bottomed, it could only go up if one sticks to this pattern.
    BUT - (just to give me a chance for further pontification) the market could also be subject to some hiccups that disrupt the pattern. I believe there was a bubble in 2014-2016 that made the prices increase too fast, and now we probably have a hiccup in the opposite direction because the world is apparently entering an unexpected recession.
    And what does that mean for the testarossa?
    Probably the "regular" bottom was reached in the mid-2000 (exactly when I sold mine, that's why I know), then they should have been on a "perpetually" increasing path but the 2014-2016 bubble made them take value too quickly, so that a mild correction was due... and then we have this recession, and we'll see bigger drops in values. So even after the bottom was reached, one can see - and will see - prices decrease again; but they may not go as low (or they may break the previous bottom if the situation really becomes terrible, which is not what I currently believe will happen - because I'm an optimist after all).

5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I like the LP640 Murcielago series. I predict at the end of the day, the Murcielago will be more valuable than the Aventador.
    Not by numbers alone but it suffer the same fate at the Testarossa. Too in the now for it's time. What's wild today is dated tomorrow. The Aventador, while my favorite will eventually look like old news compared to the more subtle and timeless lines of the Murcielago series...even though I'm NOT a big fan of the Murcielago design.

The Testarossa does have great street cache. Everywhere I drive it, people gawk and know exactly what it is....it just doesn't look like anything on the road...but that doesn't seem to help it's collectability or values.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

sherrillt and Bradwilliams like this.
  6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Completely agree. The Aventador is a cool car but I don't think it's going to age that well. I dont dislike it but the style doesn't speak to me. I feel the same way about the 360. Shamile you shouldn't completely abandon the lp460 manual idea. You may be able to pull that off on the cheap next year. That would be a hell of a car!

Shamile likes this.
  7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    the tr imo does not look dated i love the tr looks 02/06 murcis i willpass but sometimes i do think about a lp640 roadster and really does not have a top which makes me pass

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    #4483 blkdiablo33, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    lp 640 manual i dont see them dropping hard in prices they made way too little .love the aventador its such a beast and the noise it makes i will take mine in a roadster form,if avenatdor roadsters come down to an amazing buying price i would love to own one v12 na hmmm

ChipG and Shamile like this.
  9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

You're right they will hold better than standard but they will also fall significantly.

Every rule that was created from 2014 until today is over. Wether it be "time capsule" "last of the manuals" "Most desirable of the production run" etc. All of those rules are history. There is only one rule for all of these toys for the coming years.

CASH. C-A-S-H. The people who have it a year from now and later, and can comfortably spend it on this stuff will be the people who set the prices AND the rules. Not the other way around. The auctions will not set it, the dealers will not set it, the wayne Carinis of the world will not set it. The cash will.

And cash doesn't care about time capsules, j curves, etc. Especially when it comes to high production run cars like we're talking about here.

blkdiablo33 and Shamile like this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    How much better wld this thread be if all the bradwilliams posts were removed?

vonbeeler, Jay R and Shark01 like this.
  11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Agreed

It's 2008 all over again! lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Bradwilliams likes this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    this is totally diffrent from 2008 time will tell

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    This thread started in 2010 and we are still going in circles. How many people have been chasing their tail and spent the last 11 years without a testarossa- thats the sad and pitiful piece if all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rostami6 likes this.
  14. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I was looking hard for a manual Murci after selling my TR. I gave up. The Murcis in the market I've noticed seem to have 6-8 owners and LOTS of stories. There is a yellow manual for sale right now who's dead drug dealer owner was embalmed and seated in the driver's seat during his wake. I've also heard each example performs differently than the other, like they have their own personality. I don't see the 15 or so LP manuals coming down, but the pre LPs may drop 10 or 20 percent.

Shamile and blkdiablo33 like this.
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I agree with your assessment. The manual LP640 Roadster Brad Williams ( Kurt ) was referring to is a manual conversion project I'm working with a shop on. The OEM manuals are unicorns so we'll create our own. I'll be doing the testing on the feel as I have a lot of Murcielago miles under my belt.
    If it works, it may be the way I'll go. I just hate....no, absolutely hate paddle shift exotics...don't care how fast they are.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Bradwilliams likes this.
  16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Here's some Testarossas in Japan to cheer everyone up!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Bradwilliams likes this.
  17. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    most was me, my bad, I'll bring it back to TR's and close related cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    what year aventador are to avoid and common stuff that to look out for? nat take it easy i know its not a tr question ha ha

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    im taking my tr out for a drive this week end much needed ,shes been wiped down so many xs and has not seen the road in a while

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Hey nice beaver!

ChipG and blkdiablo33 like this.
  21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I got slapped the last time I said that ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Jay R, turbo-joe and Parnelli like this.
  22. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Guys, EVERYTHING is going down in value.
    You’re only fooling yourselves by thinking there’s some BS ‘special situation’ car that is going to substantially buck the trend at this point at this point.
    Real estate guys completely losing their ass.
    Oil and gas guys completely losing their ass.
    Retail guys completely losing their ass. Financial services and bank guys completely losing their ass.
    Retail executives completely losing their ass.
    Private equity guys REALLY losing their ass!
    Wall Street guys losing their ass.
    And even the Silicon valley silicon valley tech guys are now starting to finally lose their ass.
    Am I making myself clear? :)
    If you like the car and don’t give a crap whether you lose 10 or 20% on it then go ahead and buy it today and have fun!
    No big deal.
    If you think that buying an old “vintage” car and paying a bunch of BS maintenance on it is gonna make you money in the next few years you are on crack.
    Peace

vonbeeler, stardoc, turbo-joe and 4 others like this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Do you own any ferraris right now?

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Parnelli sold his TR recently but has quite a few very nice Porsche’s

25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yep....right on the money!

....even strippers are losing their asses ;)
    but not the usual fun way....all out of work because of non essential business closures in Florida.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Parnelli likes this.